$1,995.00 for 7 year Ext. Warranty?

BigRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking about purchasing an extended warranty for my 2001 RT/10 (6,000mi)from the Dodge Dealership that I bought my car from. They want $1,995.00. Do you all think that this is a good price????

It is the MaxCare Extended Warranty. It covers the vehicle up to 7 years/50,000mi., $0.00 deductable

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds pretty good for the top-line warranty and $0 deductable... Definitely get one though; I'm finding out that they are definitely worth the $$$....

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to check that price, call Mike Robbins at Ringgold Chy/Dodge/Jeep at 706-935-2328. He did the group buy on warrantys last year (about 20 sold). He was selling them for $100 over his cost and will tell you what cost is......he may still sell for the group price.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently paid $1510 for a maximum care $0 deductible for a 7 year 50,000 mile extended warranty. Keep in mind, this is 4 additional years after the 3 year manufacturer's warranty runs out. I checked around and it was a good deal. It is through Service Contracts Daimler Chrysler Corporation. The dealers are negotiable if you do business with them and you intend to get your service done there. I have an '00 GTS.

2kviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just got one last week from chuck tator. $1,880 for an additional four years on my 2000 r/t 10 w/ 14.6k miles. $100 deductible. good through 12/2007 and 50k miles. :2tu:

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 4 year/48.000 mile Chrysler warranty on my 1993 RT/10. I paid $1790 for it 3 years ago.

Who knows if I could extend it for 4 more years?? It has 29.000 miles now.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am thinking about purchasing an extended warranty for my 2001 RT/10 (6,000mi)from the Dodge Dealership that I bought my car from. They want $1,995.00. Do you all think that this is a good price????

It is the MaxCare Extended Warranty. It covers the vehicle up to 7 years/50,000mi., $0.00 deductable
Does this warranty cover you thru the year 2011? For less than $300/yr? No deductible? I hope you can get this deal, but I find it hard to believe that Dodge sells hoods for $18k and head gaskets for $1000+, etc. etc. but they are going to give you a killer deal for the next 7 years. It doesn't make sense but hope you can get it.

FE+ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A week and a half ago, I paid $1980 for a 7yr./50,000 MaxCare Extended Warranty with $100 deductible through the Dodge dealership where I bought my 02 GTS.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A week and a half ago, I paid $1980 for a 7yr./50,000 MaxCare Extended Warranty with $100 deductible through the Dodge dealership where I bought my 02 GTS.
So your original warranty was good thru 2005 (3 years)? Does this give you 7 years on top of the original (thru 2012), or 7 years from the date of manufacture (2009)? Either case, seems like money very well spent.

FE+ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It gives you 7 years from the date of manufacture....through 2009. The original warranty is good through 2005 in my case. It'd be nice if it was 7yrs from date I purchased the car, but it doesn't work that way :)

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It should be 7 years from the original date of sale. My 97 GTS was built in 11/97 but was first sold in 3/98. 7 year warranty (1465$, 50$ deductable from Stevens Creek Dodge in San Jose, CA) ends in 3/05.

3snakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
call chuck if you are a vca member you will do good . got mind last week. steve

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never beleived in any of the extended warranties. I have bought them and never used them. I bought one on the Viper, the time will be up in a couple of years, and I have a feeling I won't use it. Look at it as an insurance policy, but it ****** me off that they have my money and I won't get it back. I know my reasoning sounds penny wise and dollar foolish, but I pay enough damn insurance premiums to enough rip off insurance artists and have to take it day in a day out. I hate it.

Done,
Andrew

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reasoning I have is both peace of mind (mine) and resale value. I firmly believe that you will get back just about every penny spent on an extended warranty when you sell your car. Think about it: If you were going to buy a high-dollar sports car that can be VERY expensive to repair, would you buy one that was out of warranty or one that still had a couple years left on a factory extended warranty? Put it another way: If you had two identical 1998 GTS's with 15,000 miles on them to choose from and one was out of warranty and wanted $45,500 and the other had two years left on a zero deductible DC extended warranty and wanted $46,900, which would you go for? It would be a no-brainer for me and I truly believe that it helps sell the car if/when that time ever comes.

And as long as we are on the subject of warranties, here are two questions for you:

1. Has anyone else noticed that the Dodge truck commercials brag about the 7/70 powertrain warranty - but have a "SRT-10 RAM NOT INCLUDED" disclaimer at the bottom?

2. Assuming the SRT-10 Viper does have a 7/70 powertrain warranty (I never checked), do you suppose that and the less expensive hood would mean a less expensive extended warranty? Somehow I doubt it...

OP
OP
B

BigRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to clear it up a few points. The 7 year warranty I am looking to get is from the original sale date of the car. In other words I will be getting an additional 4 years from when the manufacturers warranty runs out this September.

This MaxCare extended warranty seems to be the standard that Chrysler offers.

I still need Chuck Tator's #. The phone # given is incorrect, it is a residential house.

Thanks for all your responses. This site is very helpful.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never beleived in any of the extended warranties. I have bought them and never used them. I bought one on the Viper, the time will be up in a couple of years, and I have a feeling I won't use it. Look at it as an insurance policy, but it ****** me off that they have my money and I won't get it back. I know my reasoning sounds penny wise and dollar foolish, but I pay enough damn insurance premiums to enough rip off insurance artists and have to take it day in a day out. I hate it.

Done,
Andrew

I've had extended warranties on 5 cars... on two of them, I had nothing done. So, let's consider that $3000 for peace of mind for 4 years.

On the other three, I had EXTENSIVE work done. My current Viper is in the shop getting new shocks, valve covers, and transmission seals. Not to mention door hinges and a new hood hinge. Total cost of repairs? Well over $20k. Total cost of warranties? Around $7k.

Things will break if you drive the car hard. Sometimes they'll break if you don't. Considering that one minor repair for the Viper can cost more than the entire warranty, it's a no-brainer in my book...

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Done,
Andrew

I don't "believe" in them either, because they are basically an insurance policy, and insurance policies are sold at a profit, meaning that the average person is paying more for the insurance than for the average expected vehicle repairs. That being said, given the excessive expense for Viper repairs, and the mileage I put on vehicles, I decided to get one for the Viper. I got the 7 year (i.e., 4 additional after the factory 3 year), 100k mile, $0 deductible Max Care Warranty, i.e. the best, longest, etc. warranty available, for ~$3300. I have had ~$17k in items covered thus far, and have over 40k miles and 1 3/4 years left on it. Therefore I have found the extended warranty to be well worth it in this one exceptional case - the Viper.

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like 1Tony1 said, call Mike at Ringgold. I bought an extended warranty from Mike and it was well worth the peace of mind, not to mention very reasonable to VCA members.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960