#1 of 50 VCA raffle car

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey members,

Just wondering if you have also received the notice regarding the #1 car of 50 VCA Red/White coupes being raffled? The Mopar pkg is included, at cost of installation. How many of you are planning on buying tickets @ $125? I am.

thanks,
John

OP
OP
F

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paul,
I imagine you must enjoy your 05 VCA car. Any plans for adding the VCA VOI9 car to the stable, if you don't win the raffle?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I'm in for 3. Would like to pick it up at VOI and drive it back to Iowa. Is there any guess what the performance upgrades would take the HP/TQ to?

Was I the only one that thought it odd that the winner had to pay Arrow for the install? It seems that Arrow should throw that in as well based on how much business Dodge threw their way with all of the head gasket and engine rebuilds.

Also, has it been confirmed that this does in fact void the warranty?

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FE357
I love the 05 VCA YELLOW FEVER car...
I would add the VOI9 Car to the stable...If I fit- But I'm too tall for the Coupe!
John F. Promised I would fit but I don't! Roof is too low!
DANG!
PBR
Western DAL!

TommyLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the VOI.9 Website:

"With this package in place, the Viper engine is rated at a whopping 550 HP and 580 ft lb of torque."

You do have to sign a Mopar Performance Warranty form. There are several parts to the form, but this probably sums it up best:

"Mopar Performance parts are sold "as is" unless otherwise noted. This means that parts sold by Mopar Performance carry no warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, such as warranties of merchantability, are excluded. (An implied warranty of merchantability means that the part is reasonably fit for the general purpose for which it was sold). The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair. Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition. The addition of performance parts does not by itself void a vehicle's warranty. However, added performance parts (parts not originally supplied on the vehicle from the factory) are not covered by the vehicle's warranty, and any failure that they may cause is also not covered by the vehicle's warranty"

Included in the Mopar/Arrow/Prefix Aftermarket Performance Parts Package are:

* Swinging oil pickup, specially-baffled oil pan and other oiling system modifications for increased durability.
* Mopar Performance Cam
* Mopar Headers and full car exhaust system
* Mopar specification Fuel and Spark Calibration
* Special pushrods
* Special PRV valve
* Special Valve Spring shims
* Select fit main bearings for improved oiling
* High Performance Oil Filter
* Shipping of your VOI.9 Edition ONLY to your local Dodge Dealer.

Please note: All engines will be tested for two hours on an engine dyno and then must pass a series of rigorous WOT qualification testing, followed by a final filter and cylinder leak check.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am buying tickets too but it still seems strange that we have to pay for the modifications to the car. Arrow shopuld do it for free cincidering all the free advertising they are getting out of the mailingIf Arrow does install these parts do we still have a new factory warranty on the car? What about if we have someone else install them?
Robbie

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Keep in mind these are aftermarket , MoPar Performance Parts, and just like Ford Racing, GM Perf. Parts, they do not always go hand in hand with the warranty ( No EPA approval,etc. ) and hence DC can not install. The main reason these items are not installed is it restricts the ability to register in many States. If the winner wants to install later, he/she have the option to do it or not.

Example........New York , California, etc. the car would not meet air quality standards and would not pass smog tests.
Nebraska, Kansas , New Mexico, etc., the items could be installed and since there are no air quality standards tests at present , it in theory would be fine.

Glad to see that the Raffle is the #1 car, as this lends alot more desirability to the car , in my humble opinion --- there will be plenty of documentation for the winner to validate this.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Glad to see that the Raffle is the #1 car, as this lends alot more desirability to the car >>

this truly another great raffle. :2tu:

but IMO, i am glad to see that the car is something streetable and most probably a "keeper" for whoever wins it this time.