1" seat lowering kit

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered it,
thanks guys

FLX109

Just to clarify the useless instructions, they say to put the new rails in the car and then fit the seat to the rails afterward. Which *****. Put the rails on the seat FIRST, put the seat cushion back on the seat frame, and THEN put the seat rails to the floorboard with the seat attached.

You might want to test fit for hole alignment to the floor before you put the seat cushion back to the frame. If there are some alignment issues, fit everything into the car with the seat rails slightly loose to the seat. Make up the floor screws loosely, then reach under the cushion and tighten the rail to seat screws. Pull the assy out one last time to snug the rails down good, put the cushion back, and reinstall. Sounds complicated, but I spent an extra hour cussing the folks at Northwind for not suggesting that to begin with. :confused:

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to clarify the useless instructions, they say to put the new rails in the car and then fit the seat to the rails afterward. Which *****. Put the rails on the seat FIRST, put the seat cushion back on the seat frame, and THEN put the seat rails to the floorboard with the seat attached.

You might want to test fit for hole alignment to the floor before you put the seat cushion back to the frame. If there are some alignment issues, fit everything into the car with the seat rails slightly loose to the seat. Make up the floor screws loosely, then reach under the cushion and tighten the rail to seat screws. Pull the assy out one last time to snug the rails down good, put the cushion back, and reinstall. Sounds complicated, but I spent an extra hour cussing the folks at Northwind for not suggesting that to begin with. :confused:

thankyou for the heads up, I will do it this way

FLX109

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21