10 minute proposal, dealer scam

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought my Viper from these nitwits 2 months ago and they send me this. No wonder car dealers have such low reputations!:(

This e-mail contains an incredible offer for you or a family member. Never before have we made an offer this direct. We need your vehicle.

The demand for quality pre-owned vehicles is at an all-time high. Most of our pre-owned inventory was sold during the month of April. To meet the surge in demand during this season, I’ve challenged my staff to acquire 50 vehicles before June 15, 2009, and have authorized them to pay up to 10% over book value.

Daytona Dodge Chrysler Jeep would like 10 minutes of your time to make you a straight forward offer to acquire your vehicle. Due to current market conditions, it may be worth a lot more than you think!

NO PRESSURE, NO HASSLES AND NO OBLIGATION

When you bring us your vehicle all we ask is that you give us 10 minutes of your time. We will tell you what your vehicle is worth and you will have 3 clear cut options:

We are confident that with a high trade-in allowance on your vehicle, low interest rates and great manufacture incentives, we can save you thousands on your next vehicle purchase and possibly even lower your payment.

You are under NO OBLIGATION to purchase anything. To receive your 10 minute proposal, please call to schedule an appointment by calling us at (888) 680-9454 or present this letter before the deadline of July 4th or click to email me directly

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, they are just trying to drum up business. They would have sent this to everyone who had purched a vehicle from them, so it is not like they knew you just bought a viper, they just knew at some point you bought a car.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just a sales tactic, no big deal. I used to get these from the dealer I was selling for, the managers never thought it was funny when I would bring in my 85 prelude and want 10% over book for it.:rolaugh: Just trash the letter and know that they wasted some money on you.

Chopper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My local Chrysler dealer does the same thing--they have a chalk board in the service area with the different cars they need that week or month. It's all a ploy.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to get these from not only the Dodge dealer I bought a car from, but every Dodge dealer in the county.

Bob

theviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daytona Dodge *****. I talked to them before buying a Viper. It's weird... the left hand didn't know what the right was doing. It's like they didn't want to sell me the car.