$100 Prize, or Free EBC pads to the OWNER who......

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.....Makes the 100,000th post on this GTS-RT10 forum. Tony Rickard or Jay Herbert determines who it will be, please. PartsRack provides $100 Gift certif or a full-car set of EBC-Greens. Just for fun, and because this site has meant a lot to so many, for so long. Thanks

CONDITION: If you use some bogus automated device to spam dozens of posts, you LOSE. (This has happened to slam the posting counts!) This needs to be a legit post, in the normal flow, please. If the poster is not an Owner or not eligible, the prize goes to the first subsequent post that is.
VCA officers ineligable. Site monitors and censors and moderators ineligable.

POST TIME !

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, unfortunately, I'm not sure how to give you the data you want.... Post numbers are site wide; so figuring out how to pick the 100,000th is not very clear cut. Of course, you could always keep hitting refresh.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just make my EBC's for the SRT (if they make them). Just installed EBC pads last year. Love 'em and the reduced dust.

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know if I won, I would use the $100.00 towards a set of those $1795.00 Belangers!

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps a bit off topic, but Cris mentions less dust with EBC pads. I "accidently" drove my car at the track with the EBC greens that were recommended when the car was new, twice.

Understood greens would reduce brake noise, but too soft for the track. I've seen lots of dust from the greens.

What is recommended for city/highway use and infrequent track? Should I have stayed with the stock pads? Thanks.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
How about the cloest number of posts without going over to JonB's count? That would get interesting quick...

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Perhaps a bit off topic, but Cris mentions less dust with EBC pads. I "accidently" drove my car at the track with the EBC greens that were recommended when the car was new, twice. What is recommended for city/highway use and infrequent track? Should I have stayed with the stock pads? Thanks.

SRT/10....... YES, we have EBCs for SRT. Note: Front pad and rear pad THE SAME ! And if an SRT/10 owner posts 100,000 he gets SRT pads. (More $$)

If you hate dust and squeek, and autocross or dragrace only, EBC Greens are fine. They even brake fine at roadcourse temps, but only for 50-75 miles!! Ooops. Then they are gone. Save them for street/strip/X venues. Save your OE pads for track, or buy excellent track pads: ie BrakeMan 3; or EBC-Blue/yellow IF you are a novice-intermediate, but NOT dustless.

I know with all the brain-power that goes into 'upgrading' and maintaining and moderating, SOME genius can figure out who was most likley the 100,000th post. Thanks Jay, Tony, MP et al. I still think an "ATTACHMENT" is a Post-It-Note.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon,

I've read such great things about the new brakes on the SRT-10 Viper.
Has anyone come up with an adapter to allow the SRT-10 brakes to work on regular Gen II Vipers?
Would it be worth it?

-Dean.

Reaction score
OK, this was not scientific, and I had NO help whatsoever from ANY person (meaning that there were NO outside influences). I was here right about that time, might have missed it by a hair....but I did a reverse calculation judging each post that was made...I think I missed the "golden hour" by 15 posts or so. I came in and I looked at each thread, and noted the times of the newest posts since I was here last. I worked backwards from there (like I said...not very scientific....but there was some effort put into it). I was trying to get up with MP to bounce my findings off off him, then I dropped the ball. Sorry! :( I was busy at work, getting home VERY late, and then preparing for my son to visit....yada...yada...yada...like you all care!! :)

I can name a name who I think it was....pretty close to 99%. If that is OK, I'll do it. If you don't think you can trust me (Oh boy, am I in for it now!!! :) ), we can take some time to put something together backed by a bit more science. :) I'd rather not name a name unless most everyone is comfortable that I did not resign my wand and pick myself!! LOL I can honestly say that I did my very best to pick the right person.

I'll check back....my son just got here and we need to visit and sleep!! :)

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Jon B VIPORXXX is the 100000 post!!!! :cool:
Since I'm VIPORXXX I'll gladly accept my prize money :D

Thanks PARTSRACK for for sponsoring this contest.
As Jon B knows that prize money is already spent with him.

Fast Eddie
Proud VCA Member :usa:

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'll check back....my son just got here and we need to visit and sleep!! :)

I think you running drama there Tony... Trying to build up the hype so that we are all milling around the site all day instead of bathing or eating. You really are a sick man....

Seriously though I trust ya and I don't think anyone here would argue over your choice (unless its smokinv10, then I'd have to cry foul)...

GET TO IT THEN!!!!!!!!

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a stock 95 at the end of the summer last year, the original owner had only put 800 miles on it and everything was stock.
I almost tripled the miles in only a few months before winter. I have to replace the pads with greens because the dust of the factory pads is nuts.

Has my sob story worked? I really need them.