1087 rw hp Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Hennessey / HMS:
You must be registered for see images

Actual rear wheel power:
1087.5 rw hp
1123 rw torque
56.6 deg. F ambient air temp, 30.40 in Hg. air density

SAE corrected rear wheel power:
1015 rw hp
1057 rw torque
Dynojet corrects to SAE standards of 77 deg F and 29.92 air density

Amazing what 12 psi of turbo boost plus 75 hp shot of NOS will do. Thanks to Venom 800 owner Ed Illgen for letting us tweak his beast. Thanks to the team who made it happen: Jason, Joe, Alan, Brad and Drew. You guys are the best to work with!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John, those are interesting #'s. Can you repost the sheet with HP and Torque and RPM? What is your torque curve without the nitrous? I thought that when you add nitrous the amount of torque you gain relative to the HP is double. Does that work the same with turbos? Paolo

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's nuts!! and with a stock bottom end to boot!!!

If you want to know the RPM multiply the MPH by 41 (110MPH X 41=4,510 RPM)

Don't think the clutch will last long with that amount of power, unless it's not stock.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simply amazing numbers!! When will it be on the track??
Look forward to hearing more about this beast!!

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo.. no, torque and power are related by RPM. Increase one, the other increases by the same proportion. Think of power as engine-speed-corrected-torque. Ie, produce the same torque at 3000RPM and 6000RPM, and you have double the power at 6000. Double your torque at any engine speed = double the power at that engine speed. You can derive the torque graph from the power graph, given the RPM and a constant for each gear (should be possible from the road speed I guess). I think the dynojets measure the torque and derive the power from it. Or the other way round.. both are just as easy.

John, congrats on the numbers..!! What's next? Bottom end too? Next stop, MVP Supra ey? **** I gotta say that thing is amazing... 3L, 1200 RWHP 8.98 no NOS. Still, the Viper has 8L - you should be able to get there with some bottom end work. Just hope those push rods don't snap :S

John H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MES:
That's nuts!! and with a stock bottom end to boot!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The bottom end is not stock.
Kudos regardless.

John H

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sc300tt:
DOH!!! Stupid extra 5.0 liters!! Nice numbers, let's get it on!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Was that a 75 shot per cylinder or liter?

Congratulations John, finally nipping at the heals of the BIG DOGS!!!!!!
Max

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Miles B:
Paolo.. no, torque and power are related by RPM. Increase one, the other increases by the same proportion. Think of power as engine-speed-corrected-torque. Ie, produce the same torque at 3000RPM and 6000RPM, and you have double the power at 6000. Double your torque at any engine speed = double the power at that engine speed. You can derive the torque graph from the power graph, given the RPM and a constant for each gear (should be possible from the road speed I guess). I think the dynojets measure the torque and derive the power from it. Or the other way round.. both are just as easy.

John, congrats on the numbers..!! What's next? Bottom end too? Next stop, MVP Supra ey? **** I gotta say that thing is amazing... 3L, 1200 RWHP 8.98 no NOS. Still, the Viper has 8L - you should be able to get there with some bottom end work. Just hope those push rods don't snap :S

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Miles, I understand exactly what you are saying but I think you misunderstood my question. I have seen dyno sheets where Scott Sutker(Too Fast Nitrous) put on a 150 shot. He gained 130 RWHP AND he gained 260 RW LBS/FT. This is why I am curious to see why the 70 shot of nitrous did not yield at least an additional 115 RW LBS/FT. Or maybe it did... This is why I asked to see the dyno sheets before and after the nitrous. Also, I, along with most other members on this board am accustomed to seeing the dyno sheets with HP & Torque based on RPM. This format would make it easier for me to quantify the gains of the turbo/nitrous compared to my stock motor. I am sure I am not the only one seeking this type of information in the calculation of the next/best mod for the car. Paolo

TomMiriViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paolo Castellano:
I am not the only one seeking this type of information in the calculation of the next/best mod for the car. Paolo

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I was wondering the same thing? Why not be proud and show the torque with your horespower gains?

Cheers,
Tom

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anthony - 98 GTS:
John,

Congratulations! Great numbers.....now its really going to hard to get someone to challenge you....

Hey where's NORM?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I keep thinking. I've never met him but word on the block said that he had the fastest "Motor Only" Viper out there, along w/ a lot of other fast cars...but he hasn't stepped up yet.

Looks like Team Hennessey is workin hard. Good job guy's.

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh OK Paolo.. you are talking peak - gotcha now. Yeah, you can have max torque at a low RPM, and a much higher RPM with slightly less torque would still be your power peak. On the same page now
smile.gif

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS John! That is flat out AMAZING!
smile.gif
That thing must be a blast to drive
smile.gif
You definitely need to take that beast to the track in that state of tune and bust some 9's @ 150+ MPH!

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
John, congrats on the awesome numbers.

I printed this off and showed a couple of mates here in the office. They spent the next 30 minutes picking their jaws back off the ground.

Incredible work. Tell the team congrats from a wanna-be TT owner.

C5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that's awesome.

Pretty easy to build that when you take your customer's money eh John?

Enjoy posting on here, I don't think you can access this site from the slammer.

The Joker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If JH is doing all these things, I can't imagine the Attorney General for Texas standing by and letting this go on. Is there an investigation going on? Any legal buffs in Texas know anything?

The Joker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you

I wonder if he has liquid money to cover $60K in defense cost? If he doesn't then I guess the toys will have to be sold. I wonder how much he would be selling a Viper Venom for fast cash? Of course the buyer would have to make sure it wasn't owned by one of his customers.

Looks like dark clouds are forming fast for him.....He needs to settle settle settle if the plaintiff wants to settle that is. I'm also curious as to his past creations, can the owners of Venoms take it to a regular shop? Are there special parts only created by JH? If so I would not want to be a Venom owner right about now.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Joker:
Thank you

&lt;snip&gt;

I'm also curious as to his past creations, can the owners of Venoms take it to a regular shop? Are there special parts only created by JH? If so I would not want to be a Venom owner right about now.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can definitely take a Venom to other shops for work. I have a Venom 650 that didn't make the horsepower advertised and is being reworked as we speak. Of course, I'm documenting everything as I go.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Joker:
liquid money<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

(in my best Homer Simpson voice)

Mmmmmmmm.... liquid money.... &lt;gargle,drool&gt;

Gary,

How much RWHP did the car make? Let me guess - around 450?

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
(Gary,

How much RWHP did the car make? Let me guess - around 450?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very close, Mike! 466 rwhp.

The Joker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So am I to believe that JH is not as good as he claims? If he has t'd off as many people that appear to be tick'd, I am surprised that no one hasn't lashed out persay. Has he recently moved his shop?

------------
65 Shelby Cobra (replica)

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary,

I think you got the "standard" 650 package there bud
smile.gif

If you like, email me and let me know what's up, and I can tell you what I know about similarly performing 650R's.

The Joker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lawboy,

If the Attorney General were investigating would it not be public knowledge?

Is there anything that you know that would be allowed to be repeated? Anything on Westlaw open to the public?

One thing is for certain, the litigation will drain JH of his resources. He may have to sell that house in Colorado. A person may have lost $120K, but it would seem JH will lose everything in the litigation process. How many Vipers will he have to tune to pay for his attorney? How many Viper owners will still take their Vipers to him? But hey he still has bragging rights.

--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960