10LB ROE for 2 years

grnsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Going on 2 years with my ROE blower and a PBJ tune - it's become so regular that sometimes I forget I'm driving a car with 700 ft/tq.

My only complaint after the first year was noise - I solved that by installing a spiral-flow muffler in place of the straight pipe I used to replace the CAT.

I often hear about tuning problems with modified cars, anyone else with nearly perfect ROE results?

Last edited:

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nearly PERFECT Roe results here too! I JUST hit the 2 year mark with my Roe and PBJ tune and NO problems whatsoever. :) Best bang for the buck no doubt is the Roe Blower.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2.5 yrs -- self installed and tuned -- 27,000 miles on set up, 81,000 miles on car. No issues whatsoever. 2001 car -- installed by others in 2003....11,000 miles on set up. 4,000 miles since AFR retuned by me (initially tuned on dyno - was running way too rich). No issues there either.

Steve

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tuning is the key to a happy Roe owner...PBJ is the best around......I can tell you there are a lot of unhappy Roe owners due to the lack of proper tuning....Sean should demand his authorized installers can properly tune them before they are returned to the customer...The job is incomplete without a PROPER tune...I had to fight with mine for 3 years before finding someone that could get it running right...I am lucky I didnt puke the motor with the way it ran...Did I also mention a wideband should be part of the blower package?? Maybe D will chime in on this one...His was a disaster...Al

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't Sean himself provide a base tune for the Roe S.C. as well create custom tunes for Roe owners so long as he gets a dyno sheet and/or Vec log?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't Sean himself provide a base tune for the Roe S.C. as well create custom tunes for Roe owners so long as he gets a dyno sheet and/or Vec log?

Each car is different and as one tune might work for one car, it would be off for another. The base cards will get you in the ballpark, but should only be the starting point. I have over 4 years and 10K miles on mine and have loved every minute of it :2tu:

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he does Tony..But it is impossible to tune a car without having it in front of you...The base tune is just that...The cars runs and thats about it..I really dont blame Sean, he did his best to phone tune mine, swap cards, read dyno sheets, etc.... which brings me back to the installer being able to finish the job and tune it properly...When I called Dave at Roe to ask who could tune it in my area he would not recomend anyone to me...If Macedo or PJB were nearby we would all be happy Roe owners...Al

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that Joe was going to work for Renntech. I have tried calling the shop, but have not been able to get through.

D

DAMN YANKEE

Years of perfection, much better than stock. Had a chance to drive a stock 2002 the other day, boring.

The supercharger whine-up is worth the money by itself. Most beutiful sound and best looking engine bays in the Viper world.

Stopped by for my CT EPA sticker last week. In and out in 5 minutes.

Roe, the way to go. As to tuning, do it yourself and get it right. Even with Davesigma6 "Texas Tantrum" custom fuel rails.

You must be registered for see images

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he does Tony..But it is impossible to tune a car without having it in front of you...The base tune is just that...The cars runs and thats about it..I really dont blame Sean, he did his best to phone tune mine, swap cards, read dyno sheets, etc.... which brings me back to the installer being able to finish the job and tune it properly...When I called Dave at Roe to ask who could tune it in my area he would not recomend anyone to me...If Macedo or PJB were nearby we would all be happy Roe owners...Al

Good points. Was it PBJ that helped you with your tune?

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, Plum, A friend of mine did it that lives right in my town..He is an awesome tech and can do anything to a Viper....He has done my tune, headers, full 3 inch exhaust, roller rockers, 3.55 gears, Eibachs, wideband, a/f meter and pod, Methanal injection, shift light etc...he wants to do heads and cam on it this winter...Al

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Damn Yankee. Tune it yourself. In fact...install it yourself. It really isn't that hard to do....especially with Sean as a resource. I guess if you live in a very urban area where you can't get to the 'logging' road easily, tuning could be an issue, but otherwise anyone who is able to own a Viper is able to do this kit and tune it themselves. The closest Roe installer to me is 400-500 miles away. I considered it a challenge, having never tackled anything like it before.

Even for those who have had it done by others successfully, I would never be without a wideband set up. ..........Kind of like running without your V1 except instead of a ticket, you break the car. Anyone running a Roe and not using the IAT feature needs to be very careful when running in temps well below (say 20-25 degrees) the temp their car was tuned at. I used to have 3 cards for various temperatures. The WB pays for itself as the weather cools. You can see your AFR on the meter. If it was real cold, i would do a little test in 4th gear first beofre hitting it in the lower gears.

Steve

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, but lots of people have that unnatural fear of computers for tuning though also. And who knows what a "good" tune is? I bought a car a few years ago with a good H/C combo that was tuned by the owner. It was rich at idle and ran the (stock) injectors wide open above 4500 rpm. On a rig intended to see 7000 rpm shifts, it was leaned out before it hit 6000.

I can, with a GOOD bit of help from friends, sit down and bang out a tune... but I wouldn't go suggesting that the regular Joe Viper Owner should fiddle with the tuning on their laptop when they're working on a boosted application. Just to be on the safe side!

Curious to learn who the connection is up in the Vernon area. Will drop you a PM - if he's reputable and looking for work, I'll spread his name around if I get the chance. In this state there are a few guys who can do the work, but not everyone has a solid reputation or quite the detailed or conscientious workmanship that I would expect if I were working on my own car.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree, i dont ever wanna learn or try to learn how to tune MY viper. its best left to those that KNOW how to do it. i give DY and some guys here credit for wanting to learn but i sure dont wanna.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awe come-on Phil................. What's the old saying: Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you will not have to listen to his incessant whining about how hungry he is.

:D :D :D :D

OP
OP
G

grnsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So your exhaust is now spiral flow + muffler?

Yes, the spiral flow and Roe pipe on each side. I have not dynoed since adding the spiral flow but I suspect it costs at least 5% horsepower - I can feel the backpressure in the throttle response in the top end.

The spiral flow addition is well worth it, my 6 year old daughter actually enjoys riding in the Viper. Also, setting off car alarms is now a voluntary act.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree, i dont ever wanna learn or try to learn how to tune MY viper. its best left to those that KNOW how to do it. i give DY and some guys here credit for wanting to learn but i sure dont wanna.
I agree..I dont need an amateur tuner (me) FN with my really expensive blower motor...Al