12 Hours of Detailing and the GTS looks brand new!

azvipermike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Started with a wash,clay bar,paint cleaner,polish and two coats of wax!
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no way I could get mine to look like that unless I got a few things resprayed :( My nose is riddled with small stone chips :(

Well done, the car looks fantastic :)

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks good. A clay bar does wonders on a car's finish, gets rid of so many impurities and crap not removed by washing or buffing.

Not sure how much it's been discussed before, but I am a huge advocate of using a polish (not a wax) on cars. Wax can melt in the sun and can have a negative effect on clear coats, whereas polish does a better job of protecting the car, and lasts a LONG time. I personally like Liquid Glass, but there are others. I apply it once every 4-6 months and that's it. Washing it is a breeze, dry it off and it looks like it just got a coat of "wax."

Just my $.02.
Jason

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jay01m, that is an odd-ball product that i wouldnt describe as a polish. Typically a polish is used prior to wax application and offers little to no protection.

more info here:
http://www.autogeek.net/prewaxpolishes.html
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/car-polish-paint-scratch-swirl-remover.html

-----------------------------------------------------

good job AZ, yea that smudge on you lense had me thinking you had some kinda stain on your paint untill i noticed it was in the same spot on every pic.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What do you mean by odd-ball product? Not sure I understand what you're saying, but this shouldn't be confused with the typical polishing compound you're referring to because the chemical properties/applicatios are different. This is an alternative to waxes. More or less, it's a polish that also serves as a sealant that bonds to your clear coat and protects the paint. It doesn't break down as easily/quickly as wax does. UV rays, acid rain, salt, etc all break down waxes more quickly than polymer-based polishes/finishers. Similar non-wax systems are Zaino, Klasse AIO, NuFinish, each of which offer similar arguments that I, for one, agree with.

Again, just my $.02.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, so Synthetic/Polymer Wax(aka Sealants) are what you are talking about. Yes, they offer much more protection than a natural wax. I use em for this reason since i drive my vehicles(currently have MothersReflections on my Viper, and NuFinish on my truck)