150ish--whew

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got a chance Sat to do a brief close course session in the Viper. Somewhere between 150 and 160..didn't look long, wanted to keep my eyes on the track.

What a rush.....This car brakes alot better than my Trans Am did.

Later,
Carl

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It helps keeping the car running properly to do it on a weekly basis ;)

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hit 160MPH in my stock viper before I got nervous and let off. I've hit 170 MPH in my vette. I plan on topping out my 502 RWHP Viper here real soon to see how quick I can get it. I have a feeling my front splitter is going to slow it down quite a bit, but I should stay planted nicely.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hit 160MPH in my stock viper before I got nervous and let off. I've hit 170 MPH in my vette. I plan on topping out my 502 RWHP Viper here real soon to see how quick I can get it. I have a feeling my front splitter is going to slow it down quite a bit, but I should stay planted nicely.

Where id the SD area can you leg out your car to those speeds? :eek:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not found anywhere near SD that you can do these high speed runs. I know places that you can get up to 135/140 for sure but not 170. So I would love to know where you were able to make a run.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipah, the 15 near north County. Late at night returning from friends -- nobody anywhere and lots of straight open road once you go over the hill.

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another good place to hit some serious speed is the through Camp Pendalton on the I5..There's a nice stretch there with no on ramps :)

Cheers

Jeff

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SC is a great place for high speed runs. All the interstates have "the wall" or a cable barrier system. Makes it almost impossible for the cops to clock you from the opposite direction and do a U. As soon as I hit the Georgia line, I slow down a lot. I can't imagine any trooper coming up from behind when I'm averaging 120+. 150 (light traffic, short bursts) is easy after driving the autobahn for extended lengths. 180 is pushing it in the US.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
General Jackson