17" Tire Options

R

RTED

:dunno:So what are you guys with 17" rims doing for replacement tires moving forward, especially rear tires (335 x 35 x 17"). Obviously.....aside from larger rims.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PS2 !

Light-years faster and better handling than sports..... well, ALMOST light-years

OP
OP
R

RTED

I was at Discount Tire today and they said that the only company making the 335 x 35 x 17 is Pirelli. I specifically asked for a quote on PS-2's:dunno:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely Pilot PS2's. Got them (quickly) from Jon at Parts Rack and his price was great!:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

The car rides so much better. but of course, I bought it with the original tires, so they were more like hockey pucks!:lmao::rolaugh::lmao::rolaugh:

PS2s have nice multi-compound tread design.:2tu:

And, when it comes down to it, there really aren't many other options...luckily we do still have an excellent tire as an option.:headbang:

Peter

1998 RT/10, Viper Red :evilmad: (5k Miles) "Tatorized"

:usa:FIREFIGHTERS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY:usa:

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can also get Kumho ECSTA V70A's. They are a street legal race tire. Super sticky tire but not a lot of tread on them. I've got about 8000 miles on my rears. From everything I have seen, they are about half the price of the PS2's. However they also have about half the tread life or less. I think they are a great tire though and I will keep buying them.

bvk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
another vote for partsrack. the PS2's only come in 275's on the front though now it seems, you can't get 285s anymore...

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can also get Kumho ECSTA V70A's. They are a street legal race tire. Super sticky tire but not a lot of tread on them. I've got about 8000 miles on my rears. From everything I have seen, they are about half the price of the PS2's. However they also have about half the tread life or less. I think they are a great tire though and I will keep buying them.

Do you mean Kumho V700s? My favorite tire as well have used them for almost three years now. Great for track events and street driving. Only down side is the sand blast your side sills with rocks.

The problem is they don't make them anymore. :( And there is no place that has any in stock that I know of. :(

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you mean Kumho V700s? My favorite tire as well have used them for almost three years now. Great for track events and street driving. Only down side is the sand blast your side sills with rocks.

The problem is they don't make them anymore. :( And there is no place that has any in stock that I know of. :(

Yeah, I actually have the V700s. The Kumho website shows the V70A's as the replacement. Compound and tread design look pretty similar to the V700s.

I've looked for the V70A's on a couple of websites and can't find them anywhere. I'm sure a phone call to a trie shop would change that as they could probably special order them. :dunno: