18" Rear wheels?? Anyone know what might work??

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
18\" Rear wheels?? Anyone know what might work??

Although I am still anxiously awaiting arrival of my SRT, I have been starting to work on setting it up for autocrossing, & have been unable to find any tire manufacturers that even plan to make a 19" rear tire in an R compound. Failing that, there is no reason to run in stock class which requires R compound tires to be competitive.

If the car is run in A SP class, the wheels can be changed to 18", but I understand that there is a problem with clearing an end link for the rear swaybar with 18" rims. Also, there appears to be an issue with brake clearance, but I am fairly confident this could be overcome with the right wheel design.

Does anyone know anything about the difference between the swaybar setup for the CC which uses 18" rears and the SRT to confirm what might differences there might be in that regard?? If anyone has any helpful ideas for a way around the problem I would appreciate any help.

I did wonder if the Kinesis 18" wheels that use the 19" centers and feature a smalled drop in the rims might have enough clearance, but I haven't contacted them yet.

Thank's in advance, Rick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi