18" tire choices, what to get?

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
18\" tire choices, what to get?

Hey all,

I'm going to be purchasing a new set of rear tires here in the next week and i have narrowed my search down to 4 tires :) My car will be roughly 600rhwp with the roe blower and be used for 95% street and 5% drag racing (a couple times a year)

These are the finalists. Remember i want something that can handle the power on the street, the car is never driven in the rain (intentionally). I dont want the stock pilot sports as they never hooked well with the bolt ons i had.

Size - 335 30 18
Kumho ECSTA V700
BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2

Size - 345 30 18
BFGoodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup

What would be the best overall tire from that group? Traction, price, treadwear, ect... should all be factors.

Thanks!

Mike

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: 18

Drag radials for straight line traction and looks. How the car handles WILL def be affected. No more fast on ramp entrances or fast exits...

OP
OP
M

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 18

Drag radials for straight line traction and looks. How the car handles WILL def be affected. No more fast on ramp entrances or fast exits...

Hey Rob,

That's the main reason why i havent bought the drag radials just yet. I'd imagine 80% of my driving is straight line but those off ramps are damn fun :)

Tough decision, especially something that i will have for a couple years or so.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness