19 inch BFG Drag Radials (Not happening)

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed 18inch Drag Radials on my GTS and what a differance in the grip! I got tired of sliding all over the place when under WOT.

The only problem now is that I want to upgrade the stock 18's to an aftermarket 19 inch setup so I emailed BF Goodrich and they have NO plans in the making for a 19 inch Drag Radial.

I don't drive the car but once or twice a week so I want to leave the Drags on so unless somebody else comes out with a differant brand 19 inch Drag Radial I guess I will be sticking with my 18 inch setup.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
HOOSIER makes a Road Race or AutoCross Radial.
Size: 345/30ZR19
$378.00 ea
In Stock Road race IN STOCK. AutoCross next week.
DOT-rated.....but these sidewalls would be MUCH safer in hard cornering than drag radials. And you can get matching fronts. Rib-Tread, not much!

We have a complete set of CCW 505a 19" Split 5-spokes, full polish, new in box, UNDER $2900 !!

OP
OP

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did see those posted on Tire Rack. ave you experienced them in straightline vs. the drag radial.
Just curious because I'm not an autocross driver just a weekend warrior.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I did see those posted on Tire Rack. ave you experienced them in straightline vs. the drag radial. Just curious because I'm not an autocross driver just a weekend warrior.

I have only road-raced Hoosiers, but they are 4-5 times as sticky as a Street OE Michelins. You were asking for a 19" option, and THAT'S IT !

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon-

Just out of curiosity, I know Hoosier also makes an OEM size of this tire for the front, but with the right offset can you run the 345 rear on the front of the SRT-10. I know guys that have run a 335 on the front of their Gen IIs.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, What is the difference between the road-race and the autocross tires ?

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The autocross tires are designed for just that, short little bursts of racing without extended run time and heat build-up. The R6's, roadrace, are built to handle extended driving, etc. If you were to run an "A6" on the street, it would probably blister up and fall apart.

(A good friend of mine works for Hoosier Tire, West)

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kwkshift...can I ask what tire your friend recommends? Has he heard of a new 19 inch DOT drag radial in the future?

Thanks