1997 B\W sold on Ebay- Good Price

99RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got a 97 B/W with 250 miles on it showroom new. I'll sell it for 70K :)

Isn't that roughly how much the car stickered for when it was new??? Doesn't seem like a great investment to me

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a 97' B/W for sale that I will be listing here as soon as I get some pics. Yes it has been in a small accident but does have a clean title. This car is cheep for a fast sale $38,000.00 obo. will get a very nice GTS.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
97 Stock B\W 20k miles, looks to be in good condition went for $41k. I think this price range is right and it only had 2 bidders.

Well, there you go. Sounds like a lot of people did their homework prior to bidding, except for 2. :D

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't that roughly how much the car stickered for when it was new??? Doesn't seem like a great investment to me

I thought we were talking about value, not investment potential? I think everyone knows a car is not an investment, rather a placement of capital into a depreciating physical asset, for whatever reason.

Now, back at the ranch, what is the value of a car? What a reasonable buyer would expect to pay for a car, the ones in the bell curve. Not dealers at auction, not dealers taking trades, not estate sales, not panick driven sellers. These are exceptions, and they are the ones on the end of the bell curve. They have to exist to have a bell curve........

A normal seller, a normal buyer.

How much capital is the average buyer willing to sink into a depreciating asset in reasonable condition? That is the subject for this thread.

Sorry, for years these threads have always wandered into investment pastures and I feel compelled to state the obvious, for clarity.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala