1998 Dodge Viper GTS Salvage Title $13.5k

dar1327

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car is for sale in the Classified section. I have my 98 GTS that I'm looking to sell since I don't have the time to fix it. I purchased it from the original owner with 55k miles and it still has 55k miles. It was in a small collision on the passenger front. No air bags deployed fires right up clean interior. This is an easy fix for someone or part out. I also have an aftermarket Borla exhaust that I will include & rear rim with full price offer. Don't waste my time with low ball offers call or text for info 909-610-0021. Car is located in SoCal. It's posted in the Classified section.

Last edited:

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad deal at all, considering the trans, motor, diff and interior would pull that pretty easily. A concern for someone looking to repair however, the passenger rear wheel look like it took a good hit and it's in the wrong position (pushed forward toward the front of the car). Maybe a description of how it got wrecked and what hit what would help the sale?

OP
OP
D

dar1327

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad deal at all, considering the trans, motor, diff and interior would pull that pretty easily. A concern for someone looking to repair however, the passenger rear wheel look like it took a good hit and it's in the wrong position (pushed forward toward the front of the car). Maybe a description of how it got wrecked and what hit what would help the sale?

Just to go over the accident. I purchased the car last June from the original owner and had the car for 3 days. I let my father take a test drive and as soon as he took off he gave it to much gas and lost control. While trying to keep the car straight he hit a light pole and the sidewalk. He wasn't going that fast that's the reason the air bags didn't deploy. Right after the accident we drove it to his garage and it's been there since.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't there a thread a few weeks ago about this car on ebay saying the damage was not being fully disclosed ?

I took a closer look at these pictures and I think you're right and this is not that car. I seem to recall the other car having a missing sill but I can't find the thread... May have been removed because the ebay ad was still active.

Last edited:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am looking for another car too, but . . . . .

is it just the camera angle, or is there a problem with the rear wheel?

viperpic3.jpg

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:dunno: Easy fix? :lmao: :rolaugh: :eater:

The hood alone is a fortune.
The front fascia is broken.
Who knows what else is broken there?

New rims. New rubber. Super old looking PS Michelin...:rolleyes:
A-arms are expensive too...that rear wheel is tilted.

And, the frame may be bent also. :smirk:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am looking for another car too, but . . . . .

is it just the camera angle, or is there a problem with the rear wheel?

viperpic3.jpg

Looks like rear suspension as well. That angle isn't necessarily the sign of a bent frame, I've seen GTSs and 10's that have hit walls at the track come away with exactly that look (in the rear wheel)...the damage could be suspension only with no frame problems.....but who knows from the photo.

If the owner puts it in the air, examines the frame and finds no damage, it might be wise to take pix of the frame as well and add it to the eBay pix....if it is bent, then no need for the pix - folks will assume the worst and bid accordingly

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, confused this with another post....didn't mean eBay, meant Classified section.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might help the sale if you find an experienced body shop estimator to go through the car and inspect it, making a list of all items needed to repair it. If that list exceeds $10K in work (likely), it would be cheaper to buy a non-wrecked, non-salvage title GTS.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Used hood on Fleabay 5000. Used front bumper 800. Suspension parts 1500. Paint and body work 2500. Add another 1000 for small parts, and you are at nearly $11,000 for repairs. $13,500 plus $11,000 and you are at $24,500 for fifty five thousand mile car with a salvage history. This will be hard to insure. For a dedicated track car, this might be a very nice start. Sell off the parts you don't need in order to pay for the parts you do need. As an organ donor, this is full of nice stuff. Sad to see it become a parts car though.

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember this car...I hope you still love your dad. Intake tubes look bent as well, wouldn't that indicate frame damage?

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice buy... Maybe it can be fixed, maybe not. But the parts alone have to be worth the asking price, no?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>Intake tubes look bent as well, wouldn't that indicate frame damage?<<<

I recognized that too - front frame may be bent - that part of the frame is designed to bend upon impact!

DaveGF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much cheaper hoods are available than $5k. PM me for details on one.

ADMIN: If there is some rule about me not making it known in a post that I have a hood I'd sell, let me know and some day I'll get around to posting a classified ad.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You found out it would cost more to fix than it was worth didn't you? Happens all the time. Been there, done that.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if anyone buys this car and parts it out, call me first. i think i see a few parts id want.

fearsuch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm definitely not getting in a bidding war for a ****
heck houses right now arn't even in a bidding was
10k and thats it, its all your's buddies

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member