1998 GT2 TNT MODIFIED KING SNAKE VIPER

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing I know about this car is that it has been in the classified section of Autoweek for WEEKS and is still in there. Sounds like a wicked Viper, although I'm suprised that TNT decided to mod a limited edition snake that heavily.

Regards,
Clint

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I believe this is the car u are talking about? I scanned this from a past issue of Viper Magazine.

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by OrecaGTS-R/T on 07-06-2002 at 11:51 PM</font>

artman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Clint Sever:
The only thing I know about this car is that it has been in the classified section of Autoweek for WEEKS and is still in there. Sounds like a wicked Viper, although I'm suprised that TNT decided to mod a limited edition snake that heavily.

Regards,
Clint

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also remember the ad in Autoweek from months ago when it had a price listed for this same car (current ad does not list a price): $165,000.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are interested call Nick at TNT and ask him about it. Questions like race time on the motor, ET, and any other question you might have. 713-880-0279 A King snake package new does not warrent a price like the earlier post.
He should answer the phone sometime after 9am

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly is a GT2? Is it similar to the ACR or GTSR? I see it every once in a while but I haven't seen too many specifics.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
What exactly is a GT2? Is it similar to the ACR or GTSR? I see it every once in a while but I haven't seen too many specifics.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
rolleyes.gif
Hey Carrot Top Do a little search on Viper racing History in 1997 and 1998 FIA style.

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Clint Sever:
a non-functional rear wing
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought they were functional

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought that was the GTSR??? I saw one here in Dallas that had the wings, blue interior, yata yata, but again, I thought it was just a GTSR.

OP
OP
C

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the GT2 has a Viper GTSR logo on the side like this: <FONT COLOR="Blue">Viper GTS</FONT c> <FONT COLOR="Red">R</FONT c>, but a real GTSR is not street legal, its a Le Mans racecar. I don't think you saw a REAL GTSR on the street
wink.gif

Clint

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I guess the GT2 and the car I saw were one in the same. I see in the road test summary in Road and Track a GTSR that cost 91,000 and has 460 hp. I guess that's really the GT2? I always just thought it was the GTSR.

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess it is a little confusing, the badges on the side and rear of the car read “Dodge Viper GTS-R” but the car is really named the “Dodge Viper GT2 Commemorative Edition” or something close to that. Like clint said, the real GTS-R is not
street legal.

The other confusing dilemma of course will be between the GTS-R (past model years) and the new GTS/R which was the 2002 concept.

OP
OP
C

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Hoosier, nice reply
rolleyes.gif

The GT2 was built to commemorate the Viper's winning LeMans GT2 class (hence the GT2 nameplate) in 1997 and 1998. '97 was the first year ORECA competed and it totally dominated GT2. In 1998 it returned and blew everything away (again), so Dodge built the GT2 to remember it. The car had front canards added to the fascia, a non-functional rear wing, special paint, 5 point harnesses, blue interior trim pieces, smooth tubes and K&N's, ACR wheels, and a limited production run of 100. It also had special badging and a plate with the build number on it. I think the HP/Torque was 460/490. Hope this helps,

Clint

EDIT: All this info is off the top of my head, so if I'm wrong, correct me
smile.gif