1st Autocross Today

bwagman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well it was a total washout! Normally, I autocross my Subaru STi, but I was dying to see how the Viper would fair (although not sure if it would actually fit through some of the tighter gates???). It totally downpoured at Giant's Stadium (NJ), and rather then risk making friends with a cement curb, I aired on the side of caution and didn't run. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait a couple more weeks.

P.S. If anyone is in the Northern NJ area or Tri-State area feel free to join us. I'm heavily involved in autocrossing and I help run the Northeast Motorsports Club (formally the M Club and NASA Northeast), I would love to see other Vipers come out. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the sport of autocrossing...let's just say it can be very addictive, it's cheap, and really develops your driving skills. This is not drag racing, you actually go left and right, and in the case of a Viper will likely be using brakes more so then let's say a Miata. Plus it's 100% legal. An all day event that's tons of fun with great people and great competition. Check out the website for additional information and future dates. Northeast Motorsports Club

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where the heck have you been? We've been looking to add some autocross to our schedule for some time.

I'll email you and see if we can get something going. :2tu:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc