1st Car Shows Enjoyable and Disappointing

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I towed my 440 Duster to Langley (500mi.), had a blast and participated in the burnout shows night before. Watched the cops have a steady business wiriting tickets.

One car started doing a brake stand while a cop was stopped 35' behind him! Another guy was driving down the road and stopped in front of the Tim Hortons and started a barke stand. There was a cop car at the back of the lot where we were parked. When that guy went over the overpass there was 4 cop cars chasing him. We even had a couple of 8 sec. prostock type cars put on a how a few times. Great coffee and lots of action.

Show on sat was 4 main streets, all the side streets and alleys filled. It was suggested about 1500 cars. Several businesses had full displays (mini car shows) all through town. There was a lot of "For Sale" signs and I didn't get much interest in purchasing my resto-mod. Signs of the economy I guess.

Met new people, saw old friends and friends of old friends. Helped a retired couple check out the waterleak on their tow pickup. They're retired and spend much of their summers towing between car shows. They had a beautiful 31 Chev with ghost flames.

Ted

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I towed my 440 Duster to Langley (500mi.), had a blast and participated in the burnout shows night before. Watched the cops have a steady business wiriting tickets.

One car started doing a brake stand while a cop was stopped 35' behind him! Another guy was driving down the road and stopped in front of the Tim Hortons and started a barke stand. There was a cop car at the back of the lot where we were parked. When that guy went over the overpass there was 4 cop cars chasing him. We even had a couple of 8 sec. prostock type cars put on a how a few times. Great coffee and lots of action.

Show on sat was 4 main streets, all the side streets and alleys filled. It was suggested about 1500 cars. Several businesses had full displays (mini car shows) all through town. There was a lot of "For Sale" signs and I didn't get much interest in purchasing my resto-mod. Signs of the economy I guess.

Met new people, saw old friends and friends of old friends. Helped a retired couple check out the waterleak on their tow pickup. They're retired and spend much of their summers towing between car shows. They had a beautiful 31 Chev with ghost flames.

Ted

you know ted, we can live vicariously through your car exploits much easier with pics

sounds like it was fun

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know that comment was directed at the only person in this thread that felt he could use the post to try to make himself look "cool" some how.

Sly....I dont have to look cool. Your the one that was complaining about car shows. I felt your pain. I simply stated to please post a picture of your Viper & a Trophy would be on it's way. I figured that this would help ease your pain....

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I displayed my first 2 Vipers (Gen1/2) at car shows when they were new. I purposely did NOT enter them in the judging because I know how hard lots of people work to get their cars show quality. Just because I could now afford to buy everyone's dream car doesn't qualify me to win car shows because of it.

Well said!:2tu: