1st time on track with '06 ZO6

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st time on track with \'06 ZO6

Viperdays Texas World Speedway. LG motorsports had two yellow 06s there. Their best was 2:03 and 2:04. I ran a 2:02 in superstock (you know the rules). I do have front calipers on the rear now (my only mod), but ran identical times last fall (I'm still learning the new setup)
Their was also a Lingenfelter ZO6 on slicks that was running 1:53 (comp coupe times!)

I think the Vipers will be OK.

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 1st time on track with \'06 ZO6

NICE!!!! I didn't know you were actually a REAL driver too! I see you at the shows from time to time, but I didn't know you had it in ya! Good job!

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Some definite time can be made up there, Super Stock cars have been in the 1.56's. The more time on the track there the lower the time goes.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OPNWIDE,

You mentioned your only mod is fronts to rear (calipers). What exactly is your setup?

What pads you running up-front/rear?
Do you have a brake bias, or are you running dual master cylinders?

Curious...

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fair Times, I ran 2:01 in Prepared on 275 tires in my '00 RT/10, my buddy John Dearing ran 1:56 in Prepared on stock pilots in his '02 GTS (2002 Finals).

BTW, PMUM ran a 1:48 in his '01 GTS in Unlimited group.

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Ron,

As fast as it was, I thought 1:48 was a little slow for PMUM until I remembered that he ran in both the Unlimited and in the VRL race. He had a time of 1:46.791 in the VRL.

OP
OP
O

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bugeater,
I have an extra pair of stock calipers mounted to the back using Archer brackets. Stoptech brakelines. Brakeman 3s all around with some makeshift ducting under the car to help with brake cooling. Adj prop valve to dial out most of the pressure (about 7 turns out if I remember correctly). I'm still working on my technique. I ran same time (2:02) with stock brakes minus spring in prop valve, but I've been trailbraking into my corners for the last 4 years. Now that I've got rear brakes, I've got to relearn my driving technique. (I'm very good at getting the car rotated into the corners now-if you know what I mean!).
Car has stock shocks and springs, HRE wheels (heavy) with 285s up front. Most of the "competitive" cars in superstock have a lot more going on than I. They tend to have adj shocks, stiffer and lower springs, stoptech brakes, and who knows what else.
My line is also very high on the bank, and I think I can cut another second off just by changing this up. I just enjoy diving like a perequin falcon into turn two too much to practice the "fast" line like I should.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4