2/25 Event Suggestion

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Instead of meeting at Cars and Coffee on Feb 25th, is anyone interested in getting together for a half-day SA River clean-up? We can still show off our cars and get-together, while cleaning up the nasty trash! Maybe after we can go for a cruise and/or food?

Details are at http://www.basurabash.org/

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From reviewing the Link it appears you can't just show up at this.
You must first register either as a Sponsor, Team or individual. There are Papers to complete, and waivers to sign. Sponsorship requires a donation. Team requires a Team Leader with prior event knowledge/participation. And as individuals, we would be divided and split up among various Teams.
Not sure how we would be showing off our Vipers at an event like this? Not sure that's even the right approach ..... to be thinking about it as a Co-Viper event.
Where would we park?
Who would be looking at the Vipers or even have cause and time to be looking at the Vipers?
More importantly ..... who would be looking after the welfare of our Vipers?

If I went, I would be going in my Daily Driver and would be going as an individual. Probably would not even see anyone from our group during the whole cleanup affair the whole day. That appears to be how it is organized and how I personally would have to signup.

Not against these types of community programs. But this might not be the best match or fit for us, and we've got a really worthwhile project in the works this year with the Wounded Warrior Program over at Ft. Sam Houston the logistics of which are being worked out. And, I think there are some other Charities that were brought up for discussion as well.
I'm sure there are other community events that can be discussed and considered for which we would be a better fit/match.
Not meaning to rain on anyone's parade. Just an observation and my personal thoughts on this. No offense intended.

OP
OP
S

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense taken, Mike, as it doesn't honestly matter to me one way or the other...I won't be at the thingy that Sat, though as we are trying to get out-and-about with our kid. Nothing against the C&C but it never hurts to do things while BS-ing with the fellas, whether we have our Vipers or not. Let me know if you'll be there so I can look for a friendly face.

Looking forward to the WWP we discussed.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uummm, not sure what you're trying to say...will you be able to make it?

No offense intended, just a comment. I guess the organizers didn't find TrashBash to be clever enough? Just ranting, I saw a Spanish billboard in Houston on the way home and was just venting :) I don't think I'll make this event but plan to go to the round-up this year :2tu:

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense taken, Mike, as it doesn't honestly matter to me one way or the other...I won't be at the thingy that Sat, though as we are trying to get out-and-about with our kid. Nothing against the C&C but it never hurts to do things while BS-ing with the fellas, whether we have our Vipers or not. Let me know if you'll be there so I can look for a friendly face.

Looking forward to the WWP we discussed.

Thanks,

Your "Kids" should always come first. I don't have any, so ..... my "Wife" always comes first. (LOL).
I won't be going to that event. I will on the 18th, be going to the BBQ Drive unless the weather unexpectedly turns foul. Very much looking to this drive, even though it is practically in my backyard.
Also will be going to the C&C at the end of the month, as usual ...... and again ...... weather permitting. February and March as you are aware, are the winter months in Texas. So events these two months are always "Iffy" affairs.