2 Good kills last night

AlvaSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last night I raced a Camaro with a Lingenfelter engine with an automatic trans.
Pulled like 4 cars from this guy from a rolling start.We raced 4 times.
Then the Camaro's previous owner who now owns a RT10 with a [******] 550 engine and NX kit, brand new Kumhos, called me and we went at it.
From a rolling start I pulled about 2+ cars from him. We raced 2 times.
The same happened both times.
Then he armed his nitrous (that he had just installed) and with a 100h.p. shot
I was able to pull again about 2 cars from him.
Later he said that his brand new nitrous kit was not working properly.
I told him to call me again when he is ready.
My car is stock except for K&N's and Kumho tires.
Is my car stronger than normal? or the others are just hype?
Hasta la vista.............. :cool:

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going from a roll minimizes the driver's part in the equation. It seems the 550 should have pulled you if you both were in the same gear at any speed.

What was your mph with your 12.1 et? That is an average time for a stock Viper, unless you went 120+.

You sure you were not on your bike??? :D

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
there is NO way you can pull a 550 with 2 cars.....even if just a normal viper..all got the same HP, unless the driver is no good....

OP
OP
A

AlvaSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I had had a camera that night.
Once with the Camaro we rolled from 2nd gear (in my car)because he said he was not hooking up well and I pulled the same amount of distance.The car is an automatic--no driver error here.
The RT is a '93 model and maybe at that time those kits were not producing the advertised amount of power. I dont know. I will find out more about this car.
I know that my mechanic performed a compression and leakdown test on this car about a month or so ago (before the guy ordered the nitrous kit) and the readings were excellent!!!!! I advised him to put the Kumhos for better grip.

The 12.1 (sea level)I did in my car was in a "improvised/slippery" track but properly measured and with drag racing timing equipment on a sanctioned event.
In a "real" track like the ones you have in the U.S. I'll bet I can do 11.9 with a good start.

And no, I was not in my Hayabusa. I think..........