2 new vipers on their way, 2006 coupe, and 2008 coupe

Discussion in 'Vendor Review: Don Scharf Automotive' started by Ryan_DSA, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Ryan_DSA

Ryan_DSA Viper Owner

12264_480288752009953_560650483_n.jpg 262664_480286715343490_181562686_n.jpg

2. uvbnbit

uvbnbit Viper Owner

that should buff right out. :D
    Dang. y'all will buy anything. what's salvageable? radio knob?

just kiddin', btw.

3. Ryan_DSA

Ryan_DSA Viper Owner

the plastic throttle bodies didnt even melt, there should be quite a bit good, and possibly a straight frame depending on what happened to that right front corner.

4. viper_itch

viper_itch Enthusiast

Sad story on that black '08

A club member was trailering it back from VOI when it caught fire. Maybe the brakes were dragging? I don't know... I also don't know how it was being towed.

His car was a black 08 coupe with red stripes. If anyone has one for sale let me know and I'll pass along the contact info. I think he'd like to replace it. It was one of 18.

He drove that car a lot, and it probably had over 36,000 miles on it. So at least it was enjoyed.

5. TexasTorred

TexasTorred Enthusiast

See, those runflats are indestructible. Knew those sidewalls were tough, but man!

6. Ryan_DSA

Ryan_DSA Viper Owner

Well the 06 coupe will be here early next week, the 08 coupe will be here late in the week, both will go right into shop. So many of these cars have stories.

7. Ryan_DSA

Ryan_DSA Viper Owner

this is a 1998 GTS we got in in October hit a pole or tree with right side, broke the bell on the trans and bent the input shaft, RH rocker was almost to the tunnel. Photo1120.jpg

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  8. JAY

JAY Viper Owner

WOW !!! I wonder what the attrition Rate is on the Viper ? I heard on Super Sport Bikes it's 50 % in the first 3 years ! :omg:

9. GreenVenom

GreenVenom Viper Owner

I read somewhere it was 36% have been crashed but I don't know if that meant totaled or just wrecked including those that were totaled Vipers?

10. Ryan_DSA

Ryan_DSA Viper Owner

We had a yellow RT/10 that was a 01 or 02, it had just over 3k miles, it had been to the auction, and rebuilt 3 different times already, i think if its only 36% its because so many are able to keep a clean title(not reported) and some have such low miles since they are never driven

11. CEJ

CEJ Viper Owner

Makes me wonder what happened to the passengers in these Vipers...

12. Ryan_DSA

Ryan_DSA Viper Owner

the 08 coupe's engine wouldnt fully turn over, there is some piece of some thing in one of the cylinders, it had mashed the spark plug flat so it was in there while running................we are pulling the cylinder head off in a bit, it was pretty promising at first, there was no water at all in the enigne, and the oil came out of the pan pretty clean.

the 06 coupe was a Venom Member, his ID Cards, and 2 family member ID cars from 06-08 were in the glove box.

13. AZTVR

AZTVR Enthusiast

So, how many Vipers would you say you see as wrecked in salvage auctions per year? 20, 40, 60? Just a ballpark #?

14. Ryan_DSA

Ryan_DSA Viper Owner

we normally buy 15-20, we see 30-40+ many go for high $ as builders, we got out of buying them for builders for the most part. Many come up several times as people get them and give up, or fix several things then send them through the auction.

the engine in the burnt 08 Coupe threw 2 connecting rods, the enigne was blown up before it burnt down, didnt some one say that burnt on a trailer? it had ratchet straps and a half melted gernerator cover with it.