2000 RT/10 Paint Job, Factory??

Viper 55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought a 2000 RT/10 black with 6,100 miles. Great shape, but even though the black paint finish shines as well as my 08, I can't help but notice flaws in the painting, i.e. some waves, some areas of the paint are smoother then others, etc...
The Carfax came back clean and the dealer who sold it claims that the car was never painted. Were the original 2000 Viper paint jobs from the factory not as good as the newer Vipers?

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont have any raw factory numbers, but I can only assume that in 8 years paint, proceedure, and clear coat has improved greatly.

Mine has the same sorts of imperfections you speak of. They are only noticable if you are up close and really looking for that kinda thing. Keep a nice coat of wax on her and no one will be the wiser.

:usa:

V

Venomiss

Don't remember that many flaws on our 2000 black/silver GTS when we had it but it's been a while back.
We need pictures of both your cars.:)
Congratulations on your second one...carry on.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same here. The paint on my black '99 RT/10 is gorgeous. I used to work in a paint shop and I know what to look for as far as sags, overspray, orange peel, etc.

Perhaps the OP's car was painted on a Monday or a Friday. :rolaugh: