2001 Sapphire GTS Offered For Immediate SALE

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Gang, I sadly announce the sale of my 2001 Sapphire GTS.

Great "worry free" mods, outstanding ride, stance, sound. The car is "perfect" and sold without any excuses. Under 4,300 miles. Year-round climate controlled storage.

1 of 86 and stands out in any crowd.

http://www.43pc.com/viper

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
gorgeous car but i think it is slightly too high. just my opinion but if it was mine and it was being sold I would say high 50's for sure but 60 plus is just a stretch i think. again its just my opinion based on what i see these cars bring all the time.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gorgeous car but i think it is slightly too high. just my opinion but if it was mine and it was being sold I would say high 50's for sure but 60 plus is just a stretch i think. again its just my opinion based on what i see these cars bring all the time.

I agree with you but that is one heck of an example! Good luck with the sale.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sold my sapphire/silver snake beauty to a dealer last year with just under 1500 miles on it for low 50s if I remember correctly with some simple bolt on mods. Not sure how the market is today but would agree that the price is a tad high. Once I get rid of this SRT Ram its back to another Viper and hopefully sapphire/silver stripes. Good luck on the sale!!

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats one sick car!! I love the color. Hope to park a beast like this in my driveway one day beside my srt :D :2tu:

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my Sapphire/Silver GTS 9-08-05
4533 miles Perfect Condition
$56,500
Drop price a bit and you will get a "bite."
Good Luck

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, price def too high. Maybe if it had zero miles..

Anyways, didnt you post this for sale, or potential sale a few weeks back?

Let me know when you get serious. I need another ****** ;)

Jon

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If someone sees that car and falls in love with it... Then the price is not too high... They just dont make em' like that any more.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If someone sees that car and falls in love with it... Then the price is not too high... They just dont make em' like that any more.

Alright!!!! Mine is worth $$$$100 000. :p

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Beautiful Viper. Perfect example for those who want a totally stock Viper vs. buying one that already has the mods that you will end up doing anyway! The Viper tax we pay on mods and the approximate dime on the dollar resale value of those mods really hurts when you go to sell.

Good luck with the sale!

OP
OP

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, Thank you everyone for looking at my car. I actually expected to get some "offers" on it but I realize most everyone here already has a viper.

I'll get it listed on autotrader and maybe ebay to get exposure to the non-viper crowd. Again thanks for looking and if you run into anyone who is looking for an 01, please tell them to make me an offer.

Have a great Holiday !

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
todd, offense bro, but its winter now. not the best time to sell her. and look below many folks heres sig. many of us own more than 1 viper so the fact that we all own at least one doesnt mean we wouldnt have good interest in it. in fact the fastest easiest sale i think you would get would be from someone on this board that knows you and the car. it is an awesome example of the great gts in great condition. not many CLEAN GTS vipers exist today. many think they have a clean car until you get close to them and look at the, swirls in paint, beat up rims, dirty motors, chipped paint, worn interior are most of what you see out there. YOU CAN TELL OWNERS THAT TAKE PRIDE IN THEIR RIDES. YOU LOOK LIKE ONE OF THEM TODD. AGAIN GOOD LUCK, NICE CAR AND I EXPECT TO SEE THE CAR NET YOU 51.5K now or 55k tops if you sell her in the warmer months. sorry for the caps

MIKE-HKS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
q
Guys, Thank you everyone for looking at my car. I actually expected to get some "offers" on it but I realize most everyone here already has a viper.

I'll get it listed on autotrader and maybe ebay to get exposure to the non-viper crowd. Again thanks for looking and if you run into anyone who is looking for an 01, please tell them to make me an offer.

Have a great Holiday !

from what i seen on auto trader and ebay in the past 6 month , these cars are in the high 40's very very low 50's prices have dropped

none go past 50k very rare to see one go past 50k on ebay in the last 6 month
yes they are people out there asking high 50's , but no sales , actual sales of low miles 01 02 gts are high 40's very very low 50's

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
if you think these cars are selling for the crazy prices they end at WAKE UP. ebay is fantasy land bro. And anyone that has sold a high dollar car off ebay before knows that most times the guy that ends up with the car either never places a bid or waits until the ending moment placing an insignificant bid. the real sale takes place behind the schenes. and i have seen plenty in this condition sell at 52-56k during peak season.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
if you think these cars are selling for the crazy prices they end at WAKE UP. ebay is fantasy land bro. And anyone that has sold a high dollar car off ebay before knows that most times the guy that ends up with the car either never places a bid or waits until the ending moment placing an insignificant bid. the real sale takes place behind the schenes. and i have seen plenty in this condition sell at 52-56k during peak season.

Agreed, 55000 is attainable if you are patient. These ebay quotes are horse$hit, wish-full thinking. Granted the canadian market is a little different, but I would not sell mine for a penny under 75000, which translates into roughly 63000US. There aren't that many really nice GTS's left, if we all held strong on our prices, that is what people will have to pay, and they will.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are times when this board is the worst enemy of Vipers. It is all of the know it alls that tell everyone that they want too much for their cars that help kill the prices. A clean Sapphire/silver coupe should bring upper $50's if you get away from all of the experts on this forum.
We seem to be killing our own cars here, what a shame. No more GTS's being built, alot of wrecked and totalled GTS's means that they are going to become harder to find before long.

MIKE-HKS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
q
There are times when this board is the worst enemy of Vipers. It is all of the know it alls that tell everyone that they want too much for their cars that help kill the prices. A clean Sapphire/silver coupe should bring upper $50's if you get away from all of the experts on this forum.
We seem to be killing our own cars here, what a shame. No more GTS's being built, alot of wrecked and totalled GTS's means that they are going to become harder to find before long.

yes go tell that to this guy ebay item #4587394342 1 of 86 saphire blue with silver stripes started the auction at 50k with a buy it now of 54k , NO BIDS at all car was even posted on this same vca classifieds for a hole month at 54k no luck .... ended up traiding it in for high 40's now the same dealer is trying to sell it for 58k buy it now on ebay and its been listed 4 times with no bids past the high 40's

i do alot of research before i post , prices are what they are,," LOW " cars get older prices drop

look at the new coupes in less than 2to3 month's prices have dropped from starting in the mid 90's to the mid 80's for the all mighty blue with white stripes and if you want a solid color high 70's .

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i do alot of research before i post , prices are what they are,," LOW " cars get older prices drop

look at the new coupes in less than 2to3 month's prices have dropped from starting in the mid 90's to the mid 80's for the all mighty blue with white stripes and if you want a solid color high 70's .

LOL one example is what you consider research? He ended up trading in for high 40's, you always lose on a trade-in bro. What are you saying, he should sell for trade-in price? :confused:

Prices are "LOW" :rolleyes: ...I hope you are speaking in relative terms. "Cars get older, prices drop"....then, in this case, they level off, and are likely to slowly rise. :D

As for your comparison to the genIII's, maybe you should do some more research, you might realize they have never held their value like the gen II's. :p

Are you by any chance interested in this car??? ;)

OP
OP

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I'm going to ruffle some feathers with this post, but just thought I would throw in my $0.02

( And before I start, yes I would like a new Gen III Coupe )

If my car is only "worth" $50K (with 4000 miles on it and some very cool mods), and a new coupe stickers around $88K and then dealers usually tack on an extra chunk for the privialge of buying, then there is a difference of $38-40K.

I know I'm old school with my Gen II, but $38K will buy you a very nice used Vette or BMW. I'm just saying I don't think the new body is $38K cooler than my car. BUT if that is what the gen II's are actually selling for, then that is what they sell for. I can't argue real world selling prices...

I have had several low mile Gen II owners email me and tell me that my asking price is actually very reasonable for what I'm selling. It's not a run-of-the-mill viper.

I did get one offer for $50K from a first time buyer who is on a strict budget. Part of me wanted to sell them the car out of spite to the price bashers, and partially because I thought they would really appreciate the car for what it is.

Ok, OK, enough rambling...

MIKE-HKS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
q
I don't think the new body is $38K cooler than my car

its not 38k , is only 28k cooler if you shop around maybe even less if you push ******* the cold weather states that want to make atleast a profit to keep there business open , ebay item #4598934088 new coupe 79k , i'm sure the price applys to any other color too.

WICKDXS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think the new body is $38K cooler than my car.

When I bought my 01 RT in October I test drove the SRT-10 for my money even if they were the same price I would have picked a Gen-I/II the body looks way cooler and you know you are driving a VIPER not something that looks kinda like a vette kinda like a Viper. The seat feel was also far better in the RT than the GenIII whith it's high bolsters, took me about 10 seconds to know which I wanted and for me price was not an issue.

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Todd,

Your car is the exact car that I've been looking for.

1. Being in MI, its very close to me so shipping would be cheap, though it would have been much better if I could drive it back, but not gonna happen til spring.
2. It's Sapphire with Silver stripes. :2tu:
3. Decent tasteful mods. (Penske's :2tu: )
4. Seems to be very well cared for
5. Seller seems motivated to sell, not just putting it up for sale to "see what happens"

It's the exactly what i'm looking for. Could you get 55K? Probably, under the right circumstances. What would get my attention right now is $50K. Any cheaper and I'd be suspicious.

In my case it's winter, I now have a baby on the way, I don't NEED a car, though I'd like one, it's always been my dream car since 1989 and I can finally afford one. Also consider I'm looking at $3K in sales tax.

My philosophy on almost everything is that it's only worth what someone else is willing to pay you for it. No offense to anyone on the board. If you can find someone to pay 55-57K, that's great, but given the circumstances, its probably not that likely unless you can sit around for 6-8 months and wait for just the right person.

Good Luck, I hope you are able to find the right buyer, its a beautiful car.

FRED02ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd, I just wanted to wish you good luck on the sale. I to have had several offers at $50K. Seems that's everyone has $50K in cash ;-)

I have noticed that this forum has many different opinions. I get a lot of people saying that's it a good price and some saying not low enough. So I think we just have to find the right buyer that will meet us in the middle.

Good luck and beautiful car!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang