2002 ACR Final Edition... Anybody Here ?

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys have been restoring lesser cars from oil stains knowing full well they will never recover their monetary investment. From a financial perspective cars are a lot like Women:rolleyes:

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That thing is sweet! Don't know that it is worth the $65K asking price, but it is sweet.

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you notice the other cars in his garage? I wonder if that red Trans Am is a 73/74 Super Duty? He also has a 70/71/72 Blue and white T/A

scoobie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to 2 different viper listings on ebay the 1996 Bule/White Viper is the most desirable and collectible of all the Vipers, even surpassing the limited-edition ACR versions. :)

This car just sold and I was wondering if either the buyer or seller is on this forum. Certainly a very special car selling at a price that some Gen4s are trading at now. Certainly this has to be one of the most desirable early cars...

Dodge : Viper - eBay (item 190475848474 end time Dec-04-10 20:36:20 PST)

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
98 GTS-R is the most desirable... BWs are gorgeous but also the most common GTS...

According to 2 different viper listings on ebay the 1996 Bule/White Viper is the most desirable and collectible of all the Vipers, even surpassing the limited-edition ACR versions. :)

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's funny to me that some people (viper owners themselves) don't believe that prices on these cars are going up. It's almost a cognitive dissonance. You begin to talk about the cheap prices so much that you eventually defend that more vehemently than you really want to. Just an observation. Cognitive dissonance is pretty fascinating. For example, if you go to a dealership and really wanted that b/w GTS but they had "Red"...guess what your new favorite car is?

KBB values went up and then SOME people on the forum talk econ 101 "it's a buyers market." Then when cars sell, it is basically some idiot who didn't know how to get a deal.

And to the person who thinks 7k is high miles, please. Watch Barrett Jackson and see how many cars are even on the original motor let alone paint, etc.

Cars are GENERALLY a bad financial investment but Jay Leno knows how to do it. Ask him what money he made in real estate and then how much he made in car collection. (His words not mine). Heck, you can make money buying and selling old video games if you want to. If you know your trade; you will do well.

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said and to add to your observations several Vipers sell for more than their MSRP right now. For example the 92 RT 10s, 98 GT2s, 97 B/W RT 10s, some Vipers sell for their MSRP in low mile unmodified form such as the 96 B/W GTS maybe i have missed a few ?

Lets not forget it wasn't that long ago original 289 and 427 Shelby AC Cobra's languished on car lots along with the the 562 65 Shelby Mustang GT 350s along with HEMI Challenger and Cuda's along with well you get the idea. Most every car goes through a depreciation cycle no matter how rare. Recently the Ford GT seems to be an exception.

The Viper is a hand built American super car built in extraordinarily low volumes and has unprecedented factory support along with fanatical and loyal owners. The Viper is naturally aspirated large cubic inch displacement bypassing noisy superchargers. The build out is monitered in a registry for years to come. These cars are cheap right now absolute bargains and can be purchased, driven enjoyed and later sold for your purchase costs or more in my humble opinion.

This ACR we are discussing and I have no idea who the owner is can be bought cheap and driven and enjoyed for years and the buyer will never lose a penny me thinks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21