2002 Final Edition dyno results in

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought I'd better start a new post as I had folks continuing to make guesses after my update on the original thread.

Here's the repaste :

========

Man, some of you were nearly exact in your guesses!

Some people were closer on TQ, some were closer on HP. One person was exact on TQ and only 2 HP away from the best run.

This is the final tuned number...the baseline test was VERY low...lower than anything guessed here. I should have zeroed the VEC1 out over the weekend and let her settle in because that first run zeroed out was extremely low as the computer relearned I think (I zeroed it out on the way to the dyno).

Runners up are :

Miles B
- 422hp
- 448tq

1 Bad Snake
- 419hp
- 451tq

And the winner is...

Moundir
- 418hp
- 454tq

Pretty dang close there Mike! What were your FE numbers again?

Mike wins a copy of PC Halo signed by the Gearbox team! Can't send it out until it actually hits the shelves of course but that's just around the corner.... ;)

Here's the graph itself....it was pretty hot and muggy today too so I'm sure she had more in her I'll take her back in the fall (it was 87 degrees and around 60% humidity today).

BTW, this graph and final VEC1 tune resulted in a low +12 / high -20 for these numbers. A low +12 / high -16 resulted in about a 3hp peak loss.

You must be registered for see images

Congrats to Mike!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
woohoo :D My car only dynoed 410 and 445 btw :eek: Man I was the first to reply and missed the hp # by 2 :eek: What did I win, what did I win :D

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oops I was so excited that i won I didnt see that you already said I win a copy of Halo, which is a kick *** game :D

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow! that looks alot like my dyno graph when i dynoed my viper b4 i did my exhuast mods. stock mine made 421.2 rwhp and 451.7 rwtq.

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ -

Very low (as in, both hp/tq in the 300's!!) It was pretty obvious that the PCM was in a relearn state at first.

I zeroed the VEC1 out on the way to the dyno and should have done it a day or two before hand...the first 2 runs today were VERY rich. As in off the chart rich. It started to come up little by little and we started tuning runs to get deltas after the first few zeroed out runs.

I'm pretty sure that if I'd aborted today and headed back in a few days with it zeroed out and a few more miles I would have pulled about 412hp and 440~450tq pre tuning.

I'm going to head back in the fall when it cools off and I'll be able to run some decent zeroed out runs then.

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My FE dynoed at 414.5 RWHP and 453.6 RWT totally stock as it came from the factory (with 1500 miles on it).

Bob K

Wow! Great #s totally stock - what was the weather like when you dynoed?

I just looked at the raw numbers and the intake temp was 99.5 degrees with a correction factor overall of 1.03...not the best of conditions today (very humid too).

Better temps/lower humidity (60% today) and a few more runs would have probably pulled out a few ponies but the deltas were gradually normalizing after 6 runs...I think zeroing out the VEC1 on the way to the dyno really threw the PCM a curveball as that first run was really rich (horrid #s).

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nexus dont sweat the #s so much dude, put a set of 3.55s and you will blow away all vipers with bolts ons (including headers) guaranteed :D I was really pissed when my cream puff only put down 410 and 445 with exaust, no cats, and tubes, filters. Now I dont care cause I have yet to lose to bolt on viper :D

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nexus,
This was in March. The temperature was 79 degrees, barometric pressure 30.33 and correction factor 0.97. All of the cars tested that day put out strong numbers.

Bob K