2002 GTS mods

Marcus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking to purchase a few mods for this spring. I currently have smooth tubs and a Corsa cat back. I am looking to purchase the vec2,HF cats from random tech, B&B headers, 1.7rr's and filters. What would be the projected outcomes in performance? Does anyone here have a genII with simular mods? What are some anticipated #'s? Thanks for any feedback.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very good idea to start but I would just remove the cats. In order to really well tune your VEC2 I would also add two LC-1 units (logging AFR data into the VEC2) and one XD-1 unit displaying real time AFR data.

I thing depending on your fuel and temperature you should hit 460-480rwhp.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't need no mods. You already have the FE Big Block engine.

In terms of exhaust, headers, smooth tubes, HF cats, and filters, HP gains are minimal for all of them. The car will definitely sound and look a lot better, but don't expect much seat of the pants feel improvement. The FE already has somewhat of a free-flowing exhaust to begin with, only problem is it sounds like an overstuffed UPS truck. The car should also run a bit cooler as well with the high flow cats/headers.

I have not done the Vec2 or roller rockers, but from what I have read they do yield a nice performance improvement. Perhaps they will yield more of an improvement than the aformentioned mods discussed above.

Best of luck and be careful. People just can't grasp the immense power of the FE Big Block and tend to ignore its possible repercussions. Global warming, abnormal earthly axis rotation, and El Nino all can result if you over-mod your FE. Hell, just after I installed smooth-tubes on my FE there was that big-ass Tsunami. Coincidence? I don't think so either. Just don't go too far. One too many mods and you may just be blasted back into the Reagan administration----or **** us all into one giant black hole. Before you do any mods remember one thing; space travel is for NASA, not for us.

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best of luck and be careful. People just can't grasp the immense power of the FE Big Block and tend to ignore its possible repercussions. Global warming, abnormal earthly axis rotation, and El Nino all can result if you over-mod your FE. Hell, just after I installed smooth-tubes on my FE there was that big-ass Tsunami. Coincidence? I don't think so either. Just don't go too far. One too many mods and you may just be blasted back into the Reagan administration----or **** us all into one giant black hole. Before you do any mods remember one thing; space travel is for NASA, not for us.

LOL

OP
OP
M

Marcus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very good idea to start but I would just remove the cats. In order to really well tune your VEC2 I would also add two LC-1 units (logging AFR data into the VEC2) and one XD-1 unit displaying real time AFR data.

I thing depending on your fuel and temperature you should hit 460-480rwhp.

Hoping to get 475-490rwhp from this project :2tu:

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marcus,

I wish you get 490rwhp, it is not so easy but faisable.
It is a nice project to get a "stock" viper into the 500rwhp world.
You will need to work hard and long hours on your tuning.
However to get into the 490rwhp you definitely need the LC-1 units.

Once you get into the 489.999 rwhps don't forget this forum and try to share your VEC2 program ... :)

Another mod: Install a 180F thermostate. On dyno it will not yield to a single hp however on hwy you could get maybe 4-8rwhp+. It could help you to beat a Z06.

OP
OP
M

Marcus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay....Headers, Cats, Roller Rockers, Vec2 all installed. Now just waiting for some nice weather to tune her. Also went with cooler plugs so we can play with the timing.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have similar mods except for the headers and made 437RWHP/460RWTQ N/A. I figure that you would gain an extra 20RWHP/25RWTQ over those numbers with the headers added, but these cars do vary quite a bit in power output.

I personally would NOT cut out the cats if you ever want to pass smog testing. The high flow cats do gain power and run cooler than the stock cats, and the extra gain of straight pipes is not at all worth the smog hassles to me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang