2003-2006 Viper BBK 67mm throttle body

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We are offering the new 2003-2006 Viper BBK 67mm throttle body backed by dyno proven results.

With 2 installed, the results are great, throttle response is greatly improved and seat of the pants feel is very noticeable. The response below 50% throttle is enough alone to want this T/B.

The Unit comes complete minus throttle position sensor, and is a true out of the box bolt on install. We just finished a "bone stock" 2003 Viper install and dyno. Here are the results using our Dyno Dynamics Chassis dyno.

stock 443 rwhp 459 rwtq
stock w/ BBK 67mm T/B 450 rwhp 470 rwtq
stock w/ BBK T/B, K&N, and Tune 480 rwhp 492 rwtq

We are offering an introductory special on the BBK T/B at $450.00 plus shipping.
In addition, during the month of September, we will offer the complete package of:

BBk T/B + K&N Filter Assembly + our custom PCM calibration for a total price of $1180.00 plus shipping. California residents must add 7.75% tax. A very good deal when you consider almost 40rwhp gain with incredible throttle response.

With this package, you receive full technical support from us here at A&C Performance. Our phone calls, unlike many others, are always answered. We take care of our customers.

Please note that you will need to send us your PCM for calibration. At our facility we also offer full installation and dyno tuning.

Todd
A&C Performance
26765 Madison Ave Suite 102
Murrieta, CA 92562
[email protected]

(951) 696-0500
(951) 696-0582

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets see some pics... 67mm sounds kinda small for 500ci.

We are offering the new 2003-2006 Viper BBK 67mm throttle body backed by dyno proven results.

With 2 installed, the results are great, throttle response is greatly improved and seat of the pants feel is very noticeable. The response below 50% throttle is enough alone to want this T/B.

The Unit comes complete minus throttle position sensor, and is a true out of the box bolt on install. We just finished a "bone stock" 2003 Viper install and dyno. Here are the results using our Dyno Dynamics Chassis dyno.

stock 443 rwhp 459 rwtq
stock w/ BBK 67mm T/B 450 rwhp 470 rwtq
stock w/ BBK T/B, K&N, and Tune 480 rwhp 492 rwtq

We are offering an introductory special on the BBK T/B at $450.00 plus shipping.
In addition, during the month of September, we will offer the complete package of:

BBk T/B + K&N Filter Assembly + our custom PCM calibration for a total price of $1180.00 plus shipping. California residents must add 7.75% tax. A very good deal when you consider almost 40rwhp gain with incredible throttle response.

With this package, you receive full technical support from us here at A&C Performance. Our phone calls, unlike many others, are always answered. We take care of our customers.

Please note that you will need to send us your PCM for calibration. At our facility we also offer full installation and dyno tuning.

Todd
A&C Performance
26765 Madison Ave Suite 102
Murrieta, CA 92562
[email protected]

(951) 696-0500
(951) 696-0582

OP
OP
A

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They are 2 MM larger, with much of the casting on the inlet opened up. Here is a picture showing the difference.

Todd

Attachments

• tb 001.jpg
    tb 001.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 187

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Todd........I will be attending the Coronado races on the weekend of the 27th of Sept. I have the throttle body already, and wonder if I can get in to have it installed and tuned on my S/C'd 05 Comm. Edition vert. on the friday before the event????

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems to me the two blade is better than the single blade. Lost HP and torque with the single blade. Don't ask me why but the dyno results shows a drop. I was very disappointed in that upgrade.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you show us the dyno sheet? I noticed a nice increase in throttle response and put down 482 with this mod, DC program, and corsa.

Seems to me the two blade is better than the single blade. Lost HP and torque with the single blade. Don't ask me why but the dyno results shows a drop. I was very disappointed in that upgrade.

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, but you did not dyno your car with the stock tb and the new one on the same day.
no 2 dyno runs on different days are ever the same. tire pressure,(thats why race teams use nitrogen in their tires, the pressure doenst change regardless of tire temps, outside temps, etc)
strap tension, humidity, the same fuel in your tank, engine oil consistancy, air temp, all plays a critcial role in apples to apples, and can account for 10-15hp variance.

you can not accuratley gauge the benefits of ANY bolt on mods that can make a 10-15hp improvment, unless you can dyno before and after on the same day with the same dyno, and the same conditions, and the car remains on the dyno-the same dyno.

every dyno operator and situation can result in variances, just like the weather. when you are dealing with a mechanical device, setup is everything when it comes to repeatabliity.

you should always log your tire pressures when at the dyno, make sure the straps are in the same place, the tires are located on the drum in exact same spot, strap tension is the same.
all of the varations create a different rolling resistance. in fact if you do a negative dyno run on your car-it shows how much hp your driveline consumes, and then change your dyno setup on another day, you would see a difference.
i will bet anybody anytime--to come to our shop. we will dyno your car with a stock TB. then in front of the customer, change the TB to our single blade design, and i will gaurantee to show in increase in power, torque, and elapsed time to peak hp on our dyno. i will offer the same challenge to anyone utilizing another brand of TB as well.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that is a guy that stands by his products...
DSC073571.JPG

yes, but you did not dyno your car with the stock tb and the new one on the same day.
no 2 dyno runs on different days are ever the same. tire pressure,(thats why race teams use nitrogen in their tires, the pressure doenst change regardless of tire temps, outside temps, etc)
strap tension, humidity, the same fuel in your tank, engine oil consistancy, air temp, all plays a critcial role in apples to apples, and can account for 10-15hp variance.

you can not accuratley gauge the benefits of ANY bolt on mods that can make a 10-15hp improvment, unless you can dyno before and after on the same day with the same dyno, and the same conditions, and the car remains on the dyno-the same dyno.

every dyno operator and situation can result in variances, just like the weather. when you are dealing with a mechanical device, setup is everything when it comes to repeatabliity.

you should always log your tire pressures when at the dyno, make sure the straps are in the same place, the tires are located on the drum in exact same spot, strap tension is the same.
all of the varations create a different rolling resistance. in fact if you do a negative dyno run on your car-it shows how much hp your driveline consumes, and then change your dyno setup on another day, you would see a difference.
i will bet anybody anytime--to come to our shop. we will dyno your car with a stock TB. then in front of the customer, change the TB to our single blade design, and i will gaurantee to show in increase in power, torque, and elapsed time to peak hp on our dyno. i will offer the same challenge to anyone utilizing another brand of TB as well.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the BBK and have taken it off. It caused some major idle hang ups, some where the idle would run up on it's own when the clutch was pushed in. I removed it and went back to stock and have had no issues at all.

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the BBK and have taken it off. It caused some major idle hang ups, some where the idle would run up on it's own when the clutch was pushed in. I removed it and went back to stock and have had no issues at all.
i posted up on your other thread about that. you are more than welcome to try our X-Metal TB. then you could see what you have been missing and enjoy the improved throttle response, power and idle qaulities. just let me know if i can help
812-453-4862

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i posted up on your other thread about that. you are more than welcome to try our X-Metal TB. then you could see what you have been missing and enjoy the improved throttle response, power and idle qaulities. just let me know if i can help
812-453-4862

Yes, and thanks for the offer. Let me try and move the BBK to someone else to try and I'll take you up on your offer.

You mentioned to Nader you have made some changes to your throttle bodies. What has changed since your first ones came out? Also, what is price of yours now? You can PM price if you do not want to post here.

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, and thanks for the offer. Let me try and move the BBK to someone else to try and I'll take you up on your offer.

You mentioned to Nader you have made some changes to your throttle bodies. What has changed since your first ones came out? Also, what is price of yours now? You can PM price if you do not want to post here.
we changed the entire structual design and allowed for tps adjustment. $357
call me if you have any questions about anything.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i can only make your tps adjustable. otherwise its a different unit. btw, your car looks badass!

Thanks! So making the adjustable tps whats invloved with that? The only issue I have had with the TB is some jerkyness when driving in traffic. I have gotten used to it and it may just be the single blades allows more air at lower rpm's. I have not had idle issues or anything like that before.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the dyno results. and I like the xmetal TB its just read less than the last stock tb dyno. No matter what you say its still less and not more. I realize the temp, the humidy, etc. still less not more. Not sure how important the dyno really is if its thats sensitive to all the elements. Nothing is constant especially the weather. All the dynos I ran said less so its just that LESS ..........

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the dyno results. and I like the xmetal TB its just read less than the last stock tb dyno. No matter what you say its still less and not more. I realize the temp, the humidy, etc. still less not more. Not sure how important the dyno really is if its thats sensitive to all the elements. Nothing is constant especially the weather. All the dynos I ran said less so its just that LESS ..........

Go do your Dyno run on a dry 45 degree day with 38psi in your tires and you will be saying MORE more more :) Dyno runs are great for tunning etc. but if you are looking for the same number or bragging rights from a dyno sheet pick the apporiate day to do your run. The only true way is like X-metal said and that is make youre change while strapped on the Dyno right then and there.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do think that the X-Metal is better than the BBk after running them both. I think it might be a bit less torque at the bottom but seems to really **** in the air in the last 660 ft.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've talked to a couple of engine builders who run their engines on a dyno before putting them into the car. They've tested both products.

The BBK, while some seem to have idle hang up issues, do make more torque and power under the curve, according to them.

Dan

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I had the idle hang and sent it back to be repaired which was a quick turn around. I have yet to put it on the car. Maybe I should try it again. It was hard to drive at 1800 rpm idle.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
One tip that seems to help with BBK idle hang up is to install the T-body, drive the car until warm, loosen the T-body mounting bolts and re-torque them warm.

I had a pretty good idle hand up initially, removed the BBK unit, gently sanded the outside edges of the butterflies, reinstalled and re-torqued as above. It's still not perfect, but the few idle hang ups I've experienced since were very minor and when the car is hot in slow and go traffic.

Dan

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I just put my BBK back on my car. I am really getting fast at this procedure. After sending it back to BBK for some repair they sent it back. I finally got around and installed it today and at first it had a idle hangup I throttled up and down some and it was still about 1400 rpms I then loosened the TPS and turned it a far clockwise as I could and the idle seemed to be around 900 rpm which is where it should be but, it also bounces around to 1100 and back and again then it settles some. I am going to take if for a run this afternoon and see. I had much better success with the single blade no issues at all. I will post later on how it feels and idles after driving.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It just seems like a poor engineered product and poor repairs. What else can I say. I took it for a ride and the Throttle body butterfly stuck every time I let off the pedal. I felt it stick on the bench when BBK sent it back to me hoping it wouldn't be an issue. Just a jerky ride. stop and go jerky can't excelerate slowly. shifting is the same when the butterfly's close they stick. I really don't know what more I can say.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, I don't think much of the engineering. I do think the BBK should come in ceral boxes. The warranty and service is not that great either.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte