2003 and up Supercharger kit in development.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to let you know that we're working on it and are making good progress. We have an engine we're using for mockup and have taken all the measurements needed from a local 2003 SRT-10.
The location of the Supercharger has been set, manifold outside dimensions created, fuel rail and injector size set, engine management system parameters logged (crank and cam pulse type, etc. for using the VEC2), drive and support system layout complete, etc.. The kit will use the same Autorotor Twin Screw Supercharger we use in the current Gen 2 kit and the upcoming Gen 1 kit.
We're in the design phase now and prototyping will be next. Intercooler setup is being considered in the process.
Feel free to ask any time about the progress. We intend to have it ready in mid summer / before VOI.
Regards,
Sean

SlayTay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,
Will the SRT supercharger be designed for use on the Ram SRT10 also?
Is the computer interface the same?
Will the throttle body be kept in stock location at the front of the motor and could we possibly interface the hood scoop with the air intake/throttle body on the back of the supercharger?
There is a huge amount of space under the hood of the Ram and should be easy to fit the supercharger.
Do you need a truck to prototype on? :cool:

I have decided on the GenIII supercharger over the GenI supercharger because the truck really needs a little boost with its higher weight.

Keep us up to date on your progress, :2tu:
Taylor

drdaveSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you give a ballpark cost for install/maintenace so I can figure out how much money to hide from the wife?
HENN TT Coming to chicago area soon and will check out in spring. Comments... anyone...which systen to pick +/-s.....

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will the SRT supercharger be designed for use on the Ram SRT10 also?

my question too, RAM-SRT + S/C :shocked: omg this is insane my guessing with just 5psi of boost and few mods 600 RWHP is possible

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

I heard that the pistons in the SRT-10 are even LESS friendly to boost then the cream puff motors. The landings for the top ring are to close to the piston head/top. I know this is a big concern if you have detonation, but also how does a thiner top landing handle the extra pressure even if its NOT seeing detonation ? Since even the best laid plans and R&D cant be 100% on all cars, whats the likely hood of piston failure for this motor under boost given possible detonation or even just the extra pressure that will be put on the piston head due to boosted pressure ??

Thanks.

Jon

SlayTay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"but also how does a thiner top landing handle the extra pressure even if its NOT seeing detonation ? Since even the best laid plans and R&D cant be 100% on all cars, whats the likely hood of piston failure for this motor under boost given possible detonation or even just the extra pressure that will be put on the piston head due to boosted pressure ??"

I will let you know how the pistons handle the 200hp shot of nitrous/propane which should hold me over for power requirements until the SC is released. :shocked:
Taylor

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"Will the SRT supercharger be designed for use on the Ram SRT10 also?"
Yes, we have a truck intake also and they are the same.

"Is the computer interface the same?"
Wiring harness is a little different, but otherwise, the computers are similar enough.

"Will the throttle body be kept in stock location at the front of the motor and could we possibly interface the hood scoop with the air intake/throttle body on the back of the supercharger?"
OE throttle body is planned to be kept in stock location. Blower inlet end is to be at the front (reversed from our Gen1 and Gen2 design).

"I heard that the pistons in the SRT-10 are even LESS friendly to boost then the cream puff motors. The landings for the top ring are to close to the piston head/top. I know this is a big concern if you have detonation, but also how does a thiner top landing handle the extra pressure even if its NOT seeing detonation ? Since even the best laid plans and R&D cant be 100% on all cars, whats the likely hood of piston failure for this motor under boost given possible detonation or even just the extra pressure that will be put on the piston head due to boosted pressure ?? "
We have some information requests awaiting answers now. I will assume we will need to stay at the 5-6 psi range. Adding an intercooler will aid in keeping away detonation (which is where the really high cylinder pressures happen). Beyond that, we'll do a lot of testing and tuning before it's released.

"Can you give a ballpark cost for install/maintenance ..."
It should be at about the same price as the Gen 2, maybe less depending on production volumes as we will plan to use a cast manifold and intake. The more you build, the less they cost.

It's quite a while out yet, but in the works none the less.

Regards,
Sean

drdaveSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, just plain old stock felt aaawweessoomeeee yesterday 38 in chitown. Recalls completed,fluids,1700miles

IMHO it feells like my stock99rt modded and convenienced in all ways to dammm near perfection. I assume All you stockGTSERS(need own forum) will feel the same with street coupe.

MODS are for the EXTRA thrill the viper can handle.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC