2003 in D Status. Any insight as to release schedule?

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2003 SRT-10 is in D Status, the dealer is telling me it is a 12 day build. I am assuming that Dodge will hold the completed cars at CAAP for a preset release date. Is that a correct assumption, or is it possible that if the car built in the next couple weeks it could get to the dealer this month?

Herman Buehrle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand how you could be in a D status, with a possible 12 day ship when they have only recently built the last of the coupes. The assembly line has to be retooled and bugs worked out, training of the production crew on the new car assembly, there just seems to be too many issues for this to be true. Who gave you the production info?

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the answer. T-Doc is getting one of the mules.
smile.gif

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
"D" status should not be confused with "D-1" status.

I believe "D" status just confirms the order is in the system. A prerequisite that will occur for ALL our SRT-10 orders but in no way means it's "on the line".

I wouldn't count on ANY deliveries in the next few months.

Hang in there, it'll be worth the wait!!!!!

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does he figure he is getting a mule? Marketing had a hard time getting a car for this past weekends NASCAR event. I strongly doubt he is getting anything other than a production unit. You would have to be a Chrysler employee with a lot of help (connections)to get a P-1 car. Even then I only know of 2 cars that ever made it out that way and Chrysler never wanted them out in the general publics hands.

OP
OP
T

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joeseph,
I dont recall if I was told D or D-1. I had stopped by my dealer to get tranny fluid, rear diff fluid, seatbelt bolts, and a few new alignment cams for VIR when the sales manager (who is a neighbor) came over and told me they had the car listed in D? status. The legend in the folder he had was where he found the 12 day comment. I figured from previous experience on my 96 and 00 orders things were way to early at this time, especially on a new rollout. Half the fun in this whole mess is the anticipation anyhow. Now whats invoice???