2003 SRT-10...out with the old run-flats and in with the new PS Cup tires...

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The title sort of gives it away. I FINALLY got off of my asp and did a little changeout of the OEM Michelin ZP (run-flat) tires on a Viper that has gotten little use for one reason or another. After removing the wheels, of course I grabbed the opportunity to look over the suspension...then flushed brakes throughly, lubed the suspension, and mounted a set of RED wheels (from an "1:33" ACR) with the original PS Cup tires/center caps/tire pressure sensors...then programmed the sensors to the module with the trusty old DRB III. After quickly installing the carbon fiber stone guards (from PartsRack) at all four locations to offset the hail of sand/pebbles/rocks that will come from these tires, I went for a test drive.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE these tires make (as predicted by most) on THIS Viper !!! The ride and stability are MUCH improved over the old run-flats. The Cups stick like glue. I originally planned on using PS 2's on this car...but when the red ACR wheels/Cup tire package came along, I HAD to try it. The ride is certainly better that the 2010 ACR Vert with similar wheels/tires, but a slight bit firmer that our 2008 Coupe with PS 2's.

BOTTOM LINE: Ditch your old run-flats and go for PS 2's or Cups depending on your planned utilization...you'll be very happy with the change !!

bbirch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like this was a fun project, congrats and thanks for the input! Enjoy the "new ride".

bb

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960