2003 Viper When????

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blackgts99:
When will these cars be on the street???? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

God willin' and the creek don't rise, Aug-Sept 2002.

But I also recall getting IN WRITING from 4 Sr. execs at Dodge, including Bob Lutz, the {2nd revised} date of the GTS launch.
Dodge missed the date by several months. And then, they still had some work to do on the first 100 or so cars. There is a LOT of pressure to be ready with VGX in Aug 2002. But the hooplah was just as strong back when GTS was to debut in the months before the 1996 Indy 500, and it was finally out a month later.

"We Will Release No Car Before It's Time" is a mantra at CAAP.

OP
OP
B

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's. I am just trying to make a decision whether to sell my GTS. I have a opportunity to be one of the first in Dallas to have a 2003. But, I need to buy my buddy's deposit out. What do you guys think???

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful! The allocation and distribution of the 2003 has not yet been set. For all you and the dealers know, the first "customer" car could be as late as 2004? Once they announce the allocation process you can make a better determination on when and how to sell your Viper.

OP
OP
B

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I've heard, there are different release dates from different people. I could have one of the first ones ( when released) for a $10,000 deposit. HUMMM.........

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's see, I remember in 91,92,93 when the dealers were telling you that "you got the next one in, should be about two weeks". That wait lasted as long as 3 years for some. If you feel you can trust a dealer that is not truthful with you up front, then by all means do as he says. I can tell you that NO DISTRIBUTION OR ALLOCATION PLAN HAS YET TO BE SET.

Just PLEASE don't come back to the site next year if what your dealer says may be a little off.

BTW, selling your Viper in advance may work against your "early" status.

OP
OP
B

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats why I consult you guys first on these matters. Thanks alot Steve for your advice. I could not imagine waking up without my GTS every morning in the garage.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude