2004 Air Conditioning

Black Mamba 149

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not the most illustrious mechanic on the board so I thought I'd ask a question before I took the Viper to get a check-up this weekend. My 2004 only has 3100 miles on it. It has been sitting for awhile due to an accident that I had where I was unable to drive for awhile( The accident wasn't in the Viper BTW) So last night was the first time I was able to take it out in several months. However the air conditioner just blew lukewarm air through it. I checked the inside cabin to make sure all controls were on AC and re-circ. just to make sure. Went through all of the controls actually to make sure. When I got home I checked all filters and found no blockage. As far as fuses, the ones I could check were alright. I just want to be prepared when I take it in to know what to tell the mech. as Tulsa doesn't have any other Viper dealers other than the local Dodge mechs. Thanks for the help, just suprised this has happened with only 3100 miles.

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 2004 with 5600 miles lost AC last month. I was able to take it to a Viper tech who determined it had a leaking hose, nothing major, just a sh;t happens thing.

Replaced under warranty.

Best of luck, but figuring out the AC can be tough.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AC gas will leak if a car is left sitting over time. Your dealer will put in a dye and look for leaks. Chances are it is as simple as an o ring.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You should still have warranty , as you have 3 years or 36,000 miles, and these cars would have likely been sold around early Winter of 2003, so you should be fine.

Give me a call and I can check your Vin for you.

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper
1-800-889-1893

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang