2005 CORVETTE

DSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious, what do you guys think about the new vette. Ive never been a corvette man, but for some reason i think i like it. What do you think?

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me it's the opposite....
I've always been a Corvette man, but for some reason i dont like it or C-5 either. I would happily take a C-4.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just evolutionary better. They marginally increased performance and changed styling slightly. Nothing spectacular.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw it at the LA auto show,I like it much better than the C5. But I really like the Ford GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best thing is that they all are American Cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:usa: :headbang: :2tu: :usa:

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They haven't had a nice style since the stingrays IMO.
I'll second that. 1953-67...ah, those were the years. I once owned a 69 L89 Vette. It was 20 years old at the time and it ran like a 30 y.o. P.O.S. Only kept it for a few months.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
spent over an hour looking at it with my C5 buddies at NAIAS last week.

overall I like the car other than the front end, the fixed headlight conjure up too many images other than corvette, and the smirking front spoiler reminds of Nemo gasping for air on the dentist's table.

other than that, I like the rear end, less bulbous overall and in keeping with the rest of the car to me. The auto show car had a plastic trim piece for the CHMSL light area that looked like pooo. The model said an optional package would body color it. Big improvement to the back end in this kid's eyes!

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm disappointed. It looks like the C5, with minor mods to the front and rear. Same overall profile. Now we will observe them everywhere, at 200K units over the next six years. I hoped that they would at least get rid of that flat rear end.

Same problem with the 03 Viper - moving toward unexcitement in appearance.

The 03 Viper and the 05 Vette are approaching a very similar exterior design. This is crazy. The exterior styling of these two cars should be as distinctive as possible.

The early generation Corvettes and the Gen 1 and 2 Vipers, plus the new Ford GT, all have unique and beautiful styling. If you have a Gen 1 or 2, keep it!

I chose a new 02 RT/10 over an 03, despite the improvements of the 03. I can always add them to my 02, and they are marginal in my opinion.

And I was hoping the new C6 would be exciting. Nice car though.

I understand that the Z06 will be more distinctive than the standard C6. I hope so.

INTMD8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From pictures, I think it looks odd from the front. Hopefully it looks better in person.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It actually looks worse from the front and the back. The little bracket holding the central brake light looks like it was a complete afterthought. The '05 Corvette looks like it was designed by a conservative corporate committee -- either Lutz is getting old or he's got so much money he doesn't care anymore!

OP
OP
D

DSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, ive been wanting to purchase another sports car and keep my viper. I looked at the new Viper 100 time and although its performance is improved, im just not attracted to it

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't the new vette also smaller than the old one?

2000 GTS Steel Grey
6 piston Baer claws up front, Front brakes in back, Quaife differential, GKH half shafts,
Alloy fly wheel, Short throw shifter, Polished aluminum intakes, K&N air filters,
Optima battery, Sterling silver key. ACR 5 point harnesses