2005 Silver SRT Value?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm considering buying out (from a lease) my 2005 Silver SRT-10 with ~30k miles if the price is right. I spoke with the company and they are considering offers for buy-outs, so I'm trying to figure out a proper number to offer. They mentioned they would check my offer versus Manheim, Black (Blue?) Book, etc. and see.

So what would be a reasonable offer for me to make on this car?

What numbers would this car go for at Manheim?

Note, I have seen 2 2005 Silver SRT-10s available online at ~$43k, and those are Mambas (i.e. cost more) with only ~18k miles, and certainly could be negotiated down.

Reaction score
Since your buying it off lease, mid 30's would be a good number, if you were selling it high 30's would be the right target.

Offer something real low, and see if they bite. You're in the drivers seat. Good luck.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to believe, but the Vipers have held up well compared to most other brands. They seem to have taken their hit 6 months to a year ago as opposed to the last 30-60 days. Look at what happened to Audi, BMW, and AMG's in the last 2 months. Check out what this manager of a Porsche dealership had to say.

This is going to hurt- trade in values. - Rennlist Discussion Forums

that thread also shows 2 lambo dealerships closing in CA

i took my daily ******(not the viper) to see what it would be worth in trade .... IN 6 months and 8k miles it had lost 50% of it's value

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that thread also shows 2 lambo dealerships closing in CA

i took my daily ******(not the viper) to see what it would be worth in trade .... IN 6 months and 8k miles it had lost 50% of it's value

You must drive an MBenz E55 AMG. Just kidding MB guys. Sorry to hear that ******.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm considering buying out (from a lease) my 2005 Silver SRT-10 with ~30k miles if the price is right. I spoke with the company and they are considering offers for buy-outs, so I'm trying to figure out a proper number to offer. They mentioned they would check my offer versus Manheim, Black (Blue?) Book, etc. and see.

So what would be a reasonable offer for me to make on this car?

What numbers would this car go for at Manheim?

Note, I have seen 2 2005 Silver SRT-10s available online at ~$43k, and those are Mambas (i.e. cost more) with only ~18k miles, and certainly could be negotiated down.

Keep in mind that the leasing company thinks the car has 36K on it. (3 year lease 12k/year?) So even if it has lower miles they don't need to know that:)

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since your buying it off lease, mid 30's would be a good number, if you were selling it high 30's would be the right target.

Offer something real low, and see if they bite. You're in the drivers seat. Good luck.

Thanks, originally the lease was "insurance" against value loss due to release of the 08 but ended up with this opportunity.

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe that's all they are going for. I bought my '05 Silver SRT last year at this time for 55K with 6K miles and thought I got a fairly good deal. I still figured it to be worth the mid 40's (if it were stock)...that *****!!!!!!

V

Venomiss

Hopefully a dealership like Woodhouse that actually deals with leases can shed some light for you. :) Good luck with it.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I got some numbers of recent sales through Manheim, and those closest to my car (in miles/year) have sold for low #s! For example:

10/28/08 2005 Orange 21623 miles Below Average = $34,300
10/15/08 2004 Silver 31588 miles Below Average = $30,600
11/13/08 2004 Black 23631 miles Average = $36,000

Those with low miles and average+ condition got high thirties to mid-forties. Note though, it does not distinguish which are mambas and which are not. But from the above data, low 30s appears to be all a lease company could expect to get at auction for my car (~30k miles), not including that they have to pay a listing fee, shipping fee, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas