2005 SRT-10 Baseline Dyno Results (pic)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not counting the beautiful MGW goodies on the interior and those nifty graphics on the exterior, this is a 100% BONE STOCK 2005 SRT-10. Had a strange "cut out" at the top of the band, and the dyno guys think it was because it was running too rich. Nonetheless, I think these numbers are just fine!!! :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: And yes, they are SAE corrected...

You must be registered for see images

Now to get that K&N kit on there and see what she will do. Yep, I had a GREAT morning!!

Once again, my thanks to the fine folks at Dodge and SRT for building such an incredible machine. I LOVE IT!!

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is amazing! What # car do you have I hope mine is its brother! Maybe HP is in the genes! Nice numbers.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
WOW!

Not counting the beautiful MGW goodies on the interior and those nifty graphics on the exterior, this is a 100% BONE STOCK 2005 SRT-10. Had a strange "cut out" at the top of the band, and the dyno guys think it was because it was running too rich. Nonetheless, I think these numbers are just fine!!! :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: And yes, they are SAE corrected...

You must be registered for see images

Now to get that K&N kit on there and see what she will do. Yep, I had a GREAT morning!!

Once again, my thanks to the fine folks at Dodge and SRT for building such an incredible machine. I LOVE IT!!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenric - Car #50 and 681 miles.

Dave - My '03 dyno'ed pretty strong bone stock, but not quite where this one is. Even the seat-of-the-pants feel on this car seemed like it was as strong as my '03 with the K&N's and 7000 miles. Of course it's all in the break-in... :2tu:

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious - did you baby it during the break in period - or did you drive it like you stole it?

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=448832

And don't forget that I am giving rides to people all the time so that they can enjoy the "Viper Experience" almost as much as me. That experience calls for some very robust demonstrations - all pointed straight ahead, of course. After all, the best way to erase the memories of their last ride in a Corvette is to crush them.* :2tu:

* Disclaimer to all my Corvette buddies - just funnin' with you! :D

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris that's incredible... with a nice conservative 13% drivetrain loss that's more than 525-530 flywheel hp! I know how this one was broken in but what about your '03? Was it driven hard as well?

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
more torque than and hp. than my 04 with belanger exhast 3" and k&n. 465 hp. 475 lbs. torque. great how does the car differ from 04?????????????

FWIW, different dynos can produce VERY, VERY different results. In one weekend I had my old ZO6 dynoed at three different places and got DRASTICALLY different figures.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yes, good numbers indeed. Be aware that "SAE corrected" can add percentage points to your hp / tq numbers, and as stated above, different dynos can produce very different numbers. While these numbers are good comparisons on the same dyno, with the same conditions (temp, humidity, altitude, etc) with different cars, trying to compare different cars on different dynos doesn't always work that well, as you guys probably know.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely agree that SAE can correct either way and that different dynos on different days will produce different results. We have used this same dyno for the past few years and they are pretty consistent. I truly believe that my cars have "adapted" to a more aggressive driving pattern and that is part of the results - not to mention the break-in procedure. Here are four SRT-10's that dyno'ed on the exact same day earlier this year and on the same dyno - all with the K&N setup (including my 2003):

#1 - 442.2 rwhp and 478.1 rwtq (gentlemen cruises his Viper almost 100% - very, very rarely does full throttle)

#2 - 451.8 rwhp and 489.6 rwtq (a fair amount of highway driving for this Viper)

#3 - 452.9 rwhp and 493.0 rwtq (also on the highway a lot)

#4 - 461.7 rwhp and 502.4 rwtq (mine, with a wide variety of driving, including WOT runs)

The guy that bought my '03 also testified to the power of that car. He set the fastest times of his run group down at Viper Days in Dallas with it. Needless to say, I am absolutely thrilled with this 2005 and the teeniest of reservations I had about selling my '03 are gone.

Oh yeah, and maybe there is actually some truth to those rumors that yellow is the fastest! ;)

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best way to break em in is to not chug em at high load - but let them rpm through the gears - first at partial throttle and let the rpms build, then steadily feed in more throttle, until after a few runs you are pulling WOT thru the gears - yes to the redline! :headbang:

By 20 miles the rings have sealed all they are gonna - so aside from not trying to go WOT in 5th at 1500rpm - you might as well give it heaps once the temp is up to operating levels :2tu:

This means if there are more than 20 miles on the car when delivered - it's done. A lot of people will have a problem with that, but it's been proven many times.... besides, if careful break in made more power - race engines would all spend a few days running in... but they don't, and the reason is not cost - it is because it doesn't help, and in fact loses power to nurse them. Look at Chris'd dyno comparisons - it tells a story that can be repeated at will other things being the same.

Enjoy! :headbang: