2005 Viper

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IT is a pretty cool car and the upgrades are very tastefull but the car is not for everyone. I would not pay extra for all the upgrades and would want all the original parts back. With that being said i think the price is very close. I hate to see the prices drop in our snakes so that anyone can own one.

Bruce

WAM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car has been for sale for many months.

Called about this car when I was looking. I was wondering how much trouble it would be to maintain. When I called they said it wasn't there currently, it was out for a tune. Kind of answered my question.

I know its not everyones taste but I really liked the snakeskin stripe and the snakeskin interior pieces.

I have since bought a Red 03. Don't think I would do the snakeskin stripe but I have been looking into snakeskin leather.

The advertised price has not changed since it was put up for sale.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please point me to a low 40's 05 with low mileage. I must be missing something.

I'm not trying to be a **** but asking isn't getting. There is an 05 VCA edition on our classifieds for 44K owned by a VCA member. I'd take that car all day over a car that has been altered. Last time I checked, the economy isn't awesome and there is snow on the ground. Not too many people in the market for a 2 seat toy right now. You are in the drivers seat. Be patient and get the car you want at a good price. We all want our cars to be worth more than we paid for them but that isn't the case.

Sandy G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go to our classified : 2005 Vert prices are not close to low $40's !!! Why do we want to devalue our own Vipers so much? Don't you think it's getting time to take a different vew at the used market. So there will only be used Vipers, than what?

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again I say asking isn't getting. How long have these cars been for sale? 6 months? A year? Hey I can put my car up for sale for $500K but no one will buy it. I know two guys who have bought used Vipers in NY recently. An 06 in the mid 40's and an 04 for $38K with very low miles. I hope I'm wrong and that an 05 is worth 58K but I highly doubt it.

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Just wondering what the consesus would be. Lot of cool mods done, and this car has been there a long time.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel the Viper is worth what they want for it. Low miles, supercharged with dyno printout of over 800 h.p to wheels...It cost alot more to buy that same car and put all the mods they have on it for the price, I feel like someone will be getting a nice Viper. Just my thoughts. ;) :headbang: :eater: Buy it....

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think some are a bit hopeful on price. The market is awful right now. I picked up a Red '05 stock SRT-10 with 9100 miles on it for 43.5. Clean Carfax, Clean Autocheck, Clean dealer VIN check, 2 previous owners (One had it for 1700 miles).

If you follow eBay auctions, normally they have a tough time getting out of the high 30s and rarely ever hit reserve.

My 1000hp Single Turbo '03 Cobra has been on the market for a few months now with little action. It is priced very reasonably with room to negotiate, but while the interest has been there the people with resources to buy it have not.

Also to note: As the cars get older it is more difficult to get a loan on one as there are vehicle age limitations. My credit union for example would not take out a loan for a vehicle older than 5 years from a dealership. This will drive the prices down as they become more difficult to sell.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont know matchless performance at all, never heard of them. they might be good, who knows.

but a fully built motor, upgraded fuel system 826RWHP car with a nice set of aftermarket wheels sounds great to me. but not for $58K in this time of year and this economy like pete said.

regardless, id like to see a build sheet to see what was actually in the engine, details on the fuel system, and engine management, id have someone like DLM or DC look at the tune and a current leakdown test by someone i trust before i made ANY kind of real offer.

$80K WORTH OF UPGRADES DONE
i know what i spent on my build and know what some of these builds cost, id like to hear a lot more about this amount they claim, not saying it isnt legit..

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also consider warranty options. Be ready to accept the pitfalls you may experience (from a financial perspective) with a heavily modded car. An extended warranty from Chrysler and an expected engine repair from a Dodge facility will not be an option. So in other words, if you're the plain and simple type looking for a nice Viper with limited cash resources, stick to something more stock.

Last edited:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do we want to devalue our own Vipers so much? Don't you think it's getting time to take a different vew at the used market.

+1. Some people just dont get it:nono:

calling this a low 40's car is just plain :bonker:.
Sure it might be easier to part it out and sell it as a stockish car with custom paint job for 40's and sell the blower, wheels, ect... for $XXXX.XX
Or if he's not in a hurry to sell then it certainly cant hurt to leave it listed as is and try to find a match of someone taste that dosnt want to buy a stock one and have to sink $XX,***.00 into it like he did.

Those snakeskin stripes look like they could be cool. I'd like to see it in person.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's almost as ugly as the yellow car in the other post. Those stripes are god awful ugly unless you live in San Francisco. Just my opinion.

If he spent 80k he really bent over for that one.

If you look at the photos on their website there are receipts for the motor work. About K for the build and blower (reasonable)but then there is a last page showing 51k total. I'd call the builder and I'm sure they'll tell you more. I'd love to know how it went from 17 to 51 to 80k.

That car and some 'flaming' sunglasses and you'd be a prince or princess.

Checked Matchless website. They didn't spend the profit on it because it looks like a 5 year old did it.

Oops... Matchless is out of business...Funny stuff.

Last edited: