2006 AC drain question

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of weekends ago, I noticed some moisture underneath the matt on the passenger side. It was a super hot day and I had the AC blaring. It wasn't a lot -- but definitely moist.

I went under there earlier today and reseat the V shaped hose that I assume is for condensation. I let the car run for a solid 30 minutes with the AC on. Condensation was running out from about a foot behind the passenger wheel, about a foot toward the center of the car. I assume that's where the other end of the condensation hose is going.

I wanted to make sure that was right. I did not notice a leak or any moisture today.

Should I look for anything else?

Thanks,
Steve

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Steve!

I think the hose is routed through the pass fender liner...is that what you're asking, or where it connects to the HVAC box on the top side?

OP
OP
R

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a V shaped hose at the very top of the passenger side, as I'm hanging upside down with a flashlight in the passeger seat. I didn't see any other hoses that went through the passenger fender. Where should the condensation be coming out?

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
You're lucky your problem was so easily solved. I have the issue of condensation under the passenger mat, too. I put both of my 08's side by side and let them run on a hot day with the air conditioning blasting. Water was pouring out of the black car, while only a few drops were under the blue car. I have done the trip to the dealer a couple of times. The first time my tech checked that the hose was connected and not obstructed " blew out drain and then inspected. Found some water poss draining back into car from plug thru firewall where AC drain comes thru, sealed plug and road tested car and then reinspected. No water in car at this time QC23"

Of course the problem continued. I took the car back to my local dealer about 3 weeks later and the result was: "inspected ran AC for an hour no leak into car found. Found condensation on AC box, called Star Center. Darren said it is a normal condition for box to have condensation due to very high humidity. I dried carpet and mat QC23"

So that's how Dodge resolved my problem. Good job, Dodge! :rolleyes:

Now I leave the floor mat out of the car when driving alone. I put it back in when I have a passenger and remove the mat again when I get back home. The carpet on the passenger side has a white spot about 12 inches by 12 inches. That's normal, right?

Bill

Last edited:

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
Now I leave the floor mat out of the car when driving alone. I put it back in when I have a passenger and remove the mat again when I get back home. The carpet on the passenger side has a white spot about 12 inches by 12 inches. That's normal, right?

Bill

A white spot as in frost? The A/C is supposed to be cycled (even at max) to prevent icing. See service manual. I wonder if your blue Viper is not cycling for some reason, and forming a big ice layer on/around the evaporator.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A white spot as in frost? The A/C is supposed to be cycled (even at max) to prevent icing. See service manual. I wonder if your blue Viper is not cycling for some reason, and forming a big ice layer on/around the evaporator.

Thanks, Sonoman, but that's not it. I should have said white stain, not spot. What happens is the floor gets soaked, and when it dries a white stain is left behind. The edges of the mat have white stains, too. When I said "that's normal, right?" I was being sarcastic. There is definitely something causing the condensate to end up on the passenger side floor, under the mat, instead of exiting the car through the tube. Dodge should not only be fixing the problem, they should be providing new carpet and a mat. Thanks for your response!

Bill

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same issue here w my 06...no clue the cause and I don't get too worked up over it....I can always remember back to the days when I drove a Buick Century and all of a sudden, life is good!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4