2006 Door Trim

berrost

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is a black plastic piece of trim that runs the length of the drivers window and is mounted to the top of the door panel - is about a 1/2" wide and very thin. Does anyone know what it is called and where to purchase a new one? mine has the first few inches broken off.
Thanks

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just get a little JB Weld and put a little dab underneath to secure it to the door panel. It was like $500 to replace. Seriously it was a ridiculous price to replace something that is a complete design flaw.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JB Weld has JB Weld Plastic, not sure why you would think you could not use it there. I have used it successfully on plastic for years. You could use double sided tape too but sometimes the interior heat will not hold it too long.

Last edited:

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i tried to replace that piece on my 03 viper and you had to order the whole door panel to get it. it doesnt come seperatly unfortunatly

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He said the first few inches were broken off, which would make be believe it isn't there to glue back down.

If that's the case I believe Jon B at Partsrack has an updated replacement piece, but it isn't cheap, for what it is. I believe Don Scharf makes them?

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You might think this is kinda cheezy, but i used some electrical tape and you would never see it, if you were not looking. Its that or about 200 bucks a door.

TI3VOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine just caught my shirt I used some double sided tape until I could replace, what a terrible design!

F

FrgMstr

Mine is split the length of the passenger's door. Only really cheesy looking part of the whole car. Would love to know a good fix.

bigmack339

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used plastic glue-and it works. I do, on the other hand, have a brand new trim piece in my grubby little hands dude.......

viperdp

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know where to get new ones but mine came loose on both doors, at first I tried 2 sided carpet tape to hold it down but it was too thin and didn't work. I then used a small strip of 3M 2 sided "exterior mounting tape" and it worked beautifully. Its a little thicker and stickier than the carpet tape and doesn't appear to damage the materials it sticks to.

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might think this is kinda cheezy, but i used some electrical tape and you would never see it, if you were not looking. Its that or about 200 bucks a door.
Use that all the time, with a little care works perfectly

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
That is not the correct part number for the plastic strip that is stapled to top of the door panel that breaks when the door panel is not removed correctly. Not sure it was ever available from Dodge - but I think one of the vendors at some point had some made up. Can't recall who I purchased them from, and it might be worth a call to Jon B.

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is not the correct part number for the plastic strip that is stapled to top of the door panel that breaks when the door panel is not removed correctly. Not sure it was ever available from Dodge - but I think one of the vendors at some point had some made up. Can't recall who I purchased them from, and it might be worth a call to Jon B.

That's what I thought. I contacted Paul Scharf sometime last year and he said he didn't have any and didn't know when he would have any in stock. I'll try Jon B.

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not sure that this is what you are referring to but take a look. It is $101.00.

2010 Dodge Viper SRT10 Inner Door / Window Weatherstrip Left - 4865579AE - Viper Parts of America

That's the same as the part linked above, just for the driver's side :). I'm looking for the trim piece that attaches to the top of the door panel. Just wondering if there was a part number for it or not (I know there's not one for the gen 3 as it's stapled to the panel, but the gen 4 is supposedly a clip-on piece).