2006 roadster shakes on take off!! help!

06redviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys, im new to the forum,just got my viper 2 months ago and i love it but i need help from anyone that had this problem before or knows about it;2006 srt10 roadster with 7k miles only mods are exhaust and k&n intake.... yesterday was a nice day here in houston so i took the car out for a spin arround town, buti i notice that if i want to nailed @ take off the car shakes, and the shifter started dancing all over the place, its weird,i have to let go of the gas because feels like the car it's jumping and shaking, its trying to peel off tires, but instead shakes and jumps, and shifter goes crazy, i have to let go of the gas before going on to second gear, and forget about full throttle, i hope someone can help me so i can know what im dealing with here, before going to the dealership to get a diagnostic, and get screwd by them ! trying to charge me for soemthing else. i really appreciate any comments or advice. thank you.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome to the viper world

nice but humid yesterday :D

sounds like
if i want to nailed @ take off the car shakes
wheel hop and / or mounts - engine &/or tranny

if you are new to the tq of vipers, i'll bet wheel hop, if so back off as soon as it happens to prevent something from breaking

feathering is your friend

enjoy

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, first thing that came to my mind too was wheel hop or bad motor mounts. I use to get wheel hop pretty bad on the old tires. After new tires haven't noticed it yet.

OP
OP

06redviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanx for the quick reply !! yes i'm new to vipers TQ, but you probably right trany mount... thanx!

Reaction score
do wheel hop may cause the shifter to go side by side while nailing @ take off?

If you are getting hop you will know it, there is a very pronounced hammering that goes with it. If there is just a smaller shake you could have some bad hot spots on the flywheel that makes the engagement choppy. If the shifter is jumping around without the wheel hop I would definitely have the engine and trans mounts checked out.

viperlaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You might drive it up to Texas World Speedway in College Station this weekend. Viper Days will be going on and Archer has a shop set-up on the grounds to at least do a diagnostic, Ben Keating and his group from Tomball Dodge or there will be plenty of members from the Houston Viper Club along with others who can take a look. You can also reach the Houston members at INTRO.

OP
OP

06redviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx guys! i really apreciate all the advice , i live north side of town , i have a friend that know the guys at helfman dodge,he just talk to them, i think im sending the car there for a diagnostic...

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are getting hop you will know it, there is a very pronounced hammering that goes with it. If there is just a smaller shake you could have some bad hot spots on the flywheel that makes the engagement choppy. If the shifter is jumping around without the wheel hop I would definitely have the engine and trans mounts checked out.

fyi, if you need mounts, this is the guy to call for them:

mjorgensen

Woodhouse Viper Service Manager - Site Supporter-VCA member
Woodhouse Motorsports Mgr.
800-889-1893 work
402-677-2935 cell