2007 only 435 sold

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I had a great year for business in '07, but even though mine is a 2007 model year, I didn't buy it until Feb '08 because I got a killer deal with it being a "year old" and still on the lot.
2007 was a great year for a lot of people and although I don't know the sales numbers for 2008, I would be willing to bet they are a LOT better than the '07 numbers!

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that number is a bit misleading :) There were 435 Vipers sold in '07, but there were zero '07 Vipers sold in any year. It's the rarest of all years, except maybe pre-'92 Vipers - those are just as rare.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dawg, they didn't make any 07's they were hold overs from 06'.

My title and window sticker say 2007! I will post a pic of both as soon I get back from my trip to the moon. Sorry if this comes trough a little weird. My cell reception is TERRIBLE up here!

markus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
perplexing yet true story:
back in mid 2007, i was on a team that operated out of tikrit, iraq (camp speicher). on base they had an aafes place where you could purchase vehicles through an allotment they get from various manufacturers at a discount. the deal was you choose the vehicle and options through aafes and they put the order in to the manufacturer who then builds the vehicle to your specifications and ships it to the dealership nearest to you stateside. being that the factory built the car to your specs, you could only get the current production model year. they offered the viper, and in fact we started going through the ordering process for one until i went with something else instead. again, this was mid 2007, so i wonder what i would have gotten???

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
perplexing yet true story:
back in mid 2007, i was on a team that operated out of tikrit, iraq (camp speicher). on base they had an aafes place where you could purchase vehicles through an allotment they get from various manufacturers at a discount. the deal was you choose the vehicle and options through aafes and they put the order in to the manufacturer who then builds the vehicle to your specifications and ships it to the dealership nearest to you stateside. being that the factory built the car to your specs, you could only get the current production model year. they offered the viper, and in fact we started going through the ordering process for one until i went with something else instead. again, this was mid 2007, so i wonder what i would have gotten???

u would have gotton a 08 at the end of 08 like me,

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I seem to remember some thing about European sales had to be current year models, so cars were "labled" as '07 for sales there. Just a vague recollection on my part, can't remember the whole story.

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolaugh: A statement that only a TRUE car guy could laugh at.

One night while teching at Redding Dragstrip I had a guy swear to me his corvette was an experimental 83 car, he even showed me the codes on his VIN to prove it. He wasn't too happy when I explained to him what those codes really meant :D

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My title and window sticker say 2007! I will post a pic of both as soon I get back from my trip to the moon. Sorry if this comes trough a little weird. My cell reception is TERRIBLE up here!

NO 2007 model Vipers were produced, INSTEAD, Chrysler extended production of the 2006 model WHILE preparing the Updated 2008 model! source: Dodge Viper (Wikipedia)

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

TowDawg - request you roll right three-five and switch to omni bravo and try again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery