2008 ACR Raffle is CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for the PERFECT gift this coming Valentines Day? Well how about the FIRST Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR! That's right, THE magazine cover car (Autoweek, VIPER Magazine, etc.) and current North American show car (roped off on its own stage at the recent Los Angeles Auto Show), this very car can be YOURS if you have the winning ticket to be drawn on February 14, 2008:

0acr.jpg

Tickets are limited to just 2,750 total and sales end on Thursday, January 31st. Unlike the Diamondback Raffle where we limited it to three tickets per person for the first month or so (and it sold out too), these tickets will be sold on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED basis. So for that crazy collector out there willing to shell out $275,000 to buy up all the tickets ($275,050 if they aren't a Venom Member), here is your chance - assuming a few folks don't snap up a few tickets before you read this.

Ready to place your orders? Our friends at JR Thompson and VIPER Magazine have made it even easier this time around - check it out:

Dodge Viper Magazine with Online VCA Raffle Entry

Of course you can fax in your order with a credit card number or do it the good ol' fashioned way: Mail it with your check. Either way, here is the link to the entry form itself:

http://www.vipermagazine.com/pdf/raffleflyer.pdf

Once again this raffle is limited STRICTLY to paid VCA Members, so if you haven't renewed yet you had better make sure you do!

Just imagine YOUR name being drawn for this historic Viper this coming Valentine's Day. But you can't win if you don't buy tickets and you may not be able to buy tickets for very long if they get snapped up as quickly as we think they will. Good luck to all that enter!

roady.jpg

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Ready, Set, GO!! The 2008 ACR Raffle is open!

Just purchased. Thanks Chris. Can I send form to you via email, I purchased via paypal? No Fax machine here. I can scan and send to you.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So does that give me ticket number 1?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Since these raffle cars have some collector status would it be in bad taste or disrespectful of me to offer up this car for sale when I win it, so the new owner could preserve it and I could go buy another one just like it, cage it and track the living hell out of it?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bet it doesn't take long at all for the raffles to sell out.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good Luck to all who enter the raffle drawing of this gorgeous ACR~~juli
(GOOD one, Chris, to enter for 'Valentine's Day' gift!! THAT'd be one heckuva gift!)

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Since these raffle cars have some collector status would it be in bad taste or disrespectful of me to offer up this car for sale when I win it, so the new owner could preserve it and I could go buy another one just like it, cage it and track the living hell out of it?
If you did anything less I would be very, very disappointed...

Oh, and I just got another invoice on the last raffle car - I forgot that we got a full 3M Stone Guard system on it! You could have tracked that one... :D

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score

If you did anything less I would be very, very disappointed...

Oh, and I just got another invoice on the last raffle car - I forgot that we got a full 3M Stone Guard system on it! You could have tracked that one... :D
Now that you have set a precedence can we assume the '08 ACR will come with the same 3M application??

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now that you have set a precedence can we assume the '08 ACR will come with the same 3M application??
Nope! This car has already been built to SRT's specs, which generally doesn't include 3M Stone Guard. However you can assume it will come with the full ******** Package - lighter weight, built-in lap timer, etc... :2tu:

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bought 5.
Never thought I'd do that but, well...love makes you behave in strange and wondrous ways.
:lick:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

Been hashed over in past raffles - and I'll be happy to pay the tax WHEN I win - but how does the VCA figure a retail value price of $99k for a used ACR - when that would be the price for a brand new one?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Been hashed over in past raffles - and I'll be happy to pay the tax WHEN I win - but how does the VCA figure a retail value price of $99k for a used ACR - when that would be the price for a brand new one?

I think Chris said they were gonna value it at 20K. Sounds fair to me.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK Chris- Set our expectations. Perhaps these questions were answered in other threads, but I missed the answers.

How many miles can we expect this car to have on it at delivery?
Is the ACR warrantee any different than the std car?
Is the warrantee 7/70?
What is the VCA stated value of this "new car with miles"?
Will it get a new set of tires before delivery?

And lastly- the ******** package keeps the A/C right?

Thanks Chris-

PBR

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Everybody, I wouldn't bother buying tickets....

Because I am going to win it.....

nough said......

Joe

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The last thing I one at a raffle was a cake in a Boy Scout raffle forty years ago, but I am jumping in on this raffle. Maybe I'm due....

The VCA rocks :headbang:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

...Been hashed over in past raffles - and I'll be happy to pay the tax WHEN I win - but how does the VCA figure a retail value price of $99k for a used ACR - when that would be the price for a brand new one?...

In the past, Chrysler Promotional / Marketing Division could be the one that depreciates the "used" car and suggests the value.... I suspect it is still on MSO so a full warrantee should extend to the 1st owner from in-service date. But all the smart guys are traveling now and will tell ya later

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry we are a little slow in replying! We have been in Detroit trying to help secure some things for the VCA. My flight was canceled and so I am still here.. :(

Anywho, answers are below:

In this case it was determined largely by guesswork. I think if you fully loaded an ACR with all the goodies (driver's stripe, black inserts, etc.) that the MSRP will end up around $107K (not sure yet). As JonB mentioned, Chrysler will set the value (and our purchase price) shortly before we take delivery. I suspect it will be considerably below that $99K mark and we can/will adjust it accordingly for taxes. But to be safe we went with $99K.

I think Chris said they were gonna value it at 20K. Sounds fair to me.
That is only if the prior user was Two Viper Chuck. :D

How many miles can we expect this car to have on it at delivery?
I would guess between 25 and 52,000 miles. ;) Seriously, there is absolutely no way to know for sure. The car has already been in numerous publicity shots (magazine covers, websites galore, etc.) and will be at the NAIAS in Detroit next month after a stellar debut in Los Angeles last month. Chrysler owns the car right now, so we are at their mercy. And that is just fine by me.

Is the ACR warrantee any different than the std car?
Yes. While I don't have the documents in front of me, the ACR will have shorter(12/12,000 mile) warranties on unique parts such as brakes, tires, etc. The front splitter is also a more stringent warranty as more than a few will undoubtedly bump something. Wing has similar restrictions if it is adjusted after the factory setting.

Is the warrantee 7/70?
Silly man, of course not! The entire SRT product line, including the ACR, has a standard 3/36 warranty. The 7/70 only applied to the Viper for two years as I recall (2003 & 2004). After that ALL SRT products went to a 3/36. But I suspect you can buy and extended warranty for the ACR just like any other Chrysler product.

What is the VCA stated value of this "new car with miles"?
As mentioned above, it was set at $99K as a "placemarker" and the actual stated value for taxes will be right around what we actually pay for the car. And I'll bet it is less than $99K.

Will it get a new set of tires before delivery?
Probably not, but we shall see. If the car has only been rolled into a few shows and made a few laps for photos, then it is money we would prefer not to spend. On the other hand, if it has more miles and the tires seem much less than perfect we will probably do something. No guarantees, of course.

And lastly- the ******** package keeps the A/C right?/quote]
You betcha!

Thanks Chris
My pleasure Sir, as always.

In the past, Chrysler Promotional / Marketing Division could be the one that deprectaites the "used" car and suggests the value.... I suspect it is still on MSO so a full warrantee should extend to the 1st owner from in-service date. But all the smart guys are traveling now and will tell ya later
Like Mr B, I suspect that we will take delivery of the car on MSO and the warranty will start when officially put into service. I do not know that for a fact, but will check.

Hope this helps, and keep buying those tickets! :2tu:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

In the been-there-past, the Chrysler Legal Corps has been VERY adamant about NOT letting any vehicle (or even a used COMPONENT) into public hands that has ever been raced or even proving-grounds tested. Any vehicle or component that was tested to establish limits is OFF THE TABLE. These wonderful cars (or wheels or motors) generally get sawed into pieces and CRUSHED.......

"Promotional Use" or performance exibition is another matter. These vehicles are more strictly monitored as to who drives, and how, and where. (I purchased two such vehicles, and therefore more intimately exposed to the processes.) I would not fear "winning" the Promo-ACR and I would (will?!) probably consider STORING the slightly-used OE rubber for posterity at that lucky time..... And SOMEONE at Dodge, probably motivated by "Legal" will check the Raffle ACR tires and say "Yea or Nay" anyway....

Yeah, thats it: DONT BUY TICKETS!! THE TIRES ARE USED, and the motor is already broken in, and the warrantee is only 36000 miles, DONT BUY A TICKET, PLEASE?!?!

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JonB- This is one time I WON'T listen to ya. Although I'm a little concerned about that break-in procedure on this car, Chris DID answer most of my questions so I know what to expect on the car I'M going to win!;)

PBR

V

Venomiss

Can a non US Citizen win the Raffle?
:drive: :drive: :drive:
Read the form. Yes, but you must be a current VCA member and will be responsible for picking that jewel up in the US along with all the shipping, fees, customs and whatever to get it back home.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just purchased the winning ticket!

Reaction score

I bought three tickets, unfortunately two will be for naught.

Chris, How do we check online on the expiration date of our membership, will they send me a renewal?

Last edited:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will try and take a shot at this one. At this point there is no way to check online. I was going to check the list for you but as your profile is lacking any name or VCA number I can't do that. A normal membership should expire January 1st. The only thing I'm not sure of is what happens with brand new Viper purchases and when they expire. I will make a phone call and see if I can find out how that works. meanwhile please add your VCA number and full name to your profile or eventually you will get dropped back to enthusiast when we start running some updates next year.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok, I just called Kim. Everything expires December 31st except the brand new car purchases. They expire one year later in the quarter you bought the car. So if you bought a car in 2nd quarter 07 it will expire at the end of the 2nd quarter 08. The renewals that expire December 31st were just sent out.

V

Venomiss

35 days left to buy tickets for that really nice 2008 ACR that has been on the cover of AutoWeek....
Be someones Valentine and get a raffle ticket. Drawing's on February 14th!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: ONLY 28 DAYS left for the 2008 ACR Raffle!

Only 28 days left
before this raffle is closed (1/31/08). There are plenty of tickets left as of this writing but no guarantee they won't sell out before the end! The last two raffles have sold out and this is easily one of the best cars we have ever offered - the FIRST 2008 Viper ACR. Magazine cover car and media darling, this is your ONLY chance to own this car for yourself without spending six figures to do so. Buy your tickets now!

Dodge Viper Magazine with Online VCA Raffle Entry

Of course you can fax in your order with a credit card number or do it the good ol' fashioned way: Mail it with your check. Either way, here is the link to the entry form itself:

http://www.vipermagazine.com/pdf/raffleflyer.pdf

Once again this raffle is limited STRICTLY to paid VCA Members, so if you haven't renewed yet you had better make sure you do! :2tu:

0low.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.