My battery light suddenly came on.
Is this normal, it will go off if I keep the rpm's to 1800 or so
Do I have to worry that the car is just not going to start soon
Or is this normal?
Or I just didn't notice before
it is worrying me a little
It's my every day driver and I don't want to get stuck somewhere:dunno:

Reaction score
Is your car one of the cars that needed to have the PCM flashed? If so was it done? This could be a symptom of needing the flash or you can check the connections but the only other time I have seen this was on a car that had the open RRT flash on it. Call your dealer or Email me with a VIN and I can check it for you.

V

Venomiss

Did you get it fixed or found out what what causing it?
Mark made a generous offer...;)

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FWIW, the battery light on my 2008 is on until I start the engine. (My 2006 battery light was never on). My car needs the flash, so possibly that's the reason...

Unclestu

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What the volt meter is reading after 5 seconds from start is the most important. I had to have my 08 flashed the day after I bought it. When the flash was complete, as I was driving home I noticed the charge light was on and the volt meter was reading 10.5 V. I took it back to the dealer. When we shut the engine off it wouldn't start until it got a healthy charge. After it started it was OK, the light went off as normal and the volt meter was reading about 14V. I did notice though that every time I started the car there was a 4-5 second delay until the light went off. I went back to the dealer later and fired up another new 08 on the floor and it also delays about 4-5 seconds, so that must be normal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960