2008 Coupe Trade in Value???

CDNViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm thinking about trading my 2008 Dodge Viper Coupe, very orange pearl with 8500 miles in,
what would be an average trade in Value?

Looking in Both Canada and the USA

Thanks

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would think the market would be pretty darn good in Canada with the shortage of Vipers up there? Value in the US would be quite a bit less , as no warranty coverage or ability to buy a service contract if someone buys a Canadian car. Why not contact all the Canadian VCA Presidents and put the word out. Might be able to pre-sell it and go through a Dealer for paperwork.

Good luck.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i might know that car. what options does it have on it? if it is the one i am thinking of it has the aero kit on it. what are you trading it on? as for bill you are still king

OP
OP
C

CDNViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car has the Navi and Carbin fiber trim interior.I added the 6 spoke wheels and had them powder coated Black. Other mods are Belanger headers and exhuast, Mopar ECU, Euroteck rotors.

I didnt want to list what i wanted to trade it for, scared of getting shot on here, but I'm looking for a 2009 ZR1. I just don't know if the number I have in my head is even close to ever making a deal with a dealership.

I think My car and 25k should buy a ZR1. :dunno:

Attachments

• viper3.jpg
    viper3.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 119

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about trade in value, but selling it outright these cars are selling for mid 60's and dealer trades will be below that price.

Good luck

Bruce

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car has the Navi and Carbin fiber trim interior.I added the 6 spoke wheels and had them powder coated Black. Other mods are Belanger headers and exhuast, Mopar ECU, Euroteck rotors.

I didnt want to list what i wanted to trade it for, scared of getting shot on here, but I'm looking for a 2009 ZR1. I just don't know if the number I have in my head is even close to ever making a deal with a dealership.

I think My car and 25k should buy a ZR1. :dunno:
I think thats pretty close, but you know they will bend you over anyway.You'll save some tax money on the trade. Keep the Viper:)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think that is real close - but why do that, we have had 4 guys trade in their ZR1s for Vipers in the last 6 months and they are all happier with the Snake. Just think how much it will cost you to get the Vette and then trade it in in a few weeks for another Serpent. Save yourself the bucks -- heck with your mods it should probably outrun one anyway.

If you track the car, no heatsoak with the Viper, and plenty with the Corvette. Gee, look how much money I just saved you. Get up, take your lady out for dinner, some drinks and enjoy the evening , you just came into a bundle of money,ha!:2tu:

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would think Americian Market pricing would put the car into the Mid 60s range.

Canadian pricing would put the car around the same price or lower, knowing it has no warranty and you paid less than a Canadian car would be selling for.

If it were an actual Canadian car I would suspect it in the mid 70s.

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that is real close - but why do that, we have had 4 guys trade in their ZR1s for Vipers in the last 6 months and they are all happier with the Snake. Just think how much it will cost you to get the Vette and then trade it in in a few weeks for another Serpent. Save yourself the bucks -- heck with your mods it should probably outrun one anyway.

If you track the car, no heatsoak with the Viper, and plenty with the Corvette. Gee, look how much money I just saved you. Get up, take your lady out for dinner, some drinks and enjoy the evening , you just came into a bundle of money,ha!:2tu:

GREAT POST Billy!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Glad you posted on here so that we could "Talk you off the ledge".

The ZR1 is a nice CAR - but it's no Viper - especially with the upgrades that you have on your Viper. Please do share why you would want to downgrade?

If you're really in the mood for a new vehicle - I saw one of the Canadian Viper Special Editions listed on ebay that looked pretty sweet!

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New or used ZR1? Yes, there are still new ones out there. 1ZR or 3ZR? You're out of luck if you want a new 3ZR. If used, the NADA guides roughly say you are on the money with regards to trade-in value for your 08 coupe vs the 09 ZR1. Do think hard if there is any possibility that you still want to stay in a Viper because you could end up like Pemberton mentioned above. I thought I might trade in my 05 for an 09 Z06 new - deal wasn't bad but I couldn't do it - I test drove it and looked at them both. I really liked the Vette but couldn't replace the Viper with it. "I tried to leave her but couldn't". I'll just have to save up and ADD it. Vettes are more complex cars.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
New or used ZR1? Yes, there are still new ones out there. 1ZR or 3ZR? You're out of luck if you want a new 3ZR. If used, the NADA guides roughly say you are on the money with regards to trade-in value for your 08 coupe vs the 09 ZR1. Do think hard if there is any possibility that you still want to stay in a Viper because you could end up like Pemberton mentioned above. I thought I might trade in my 05 for an 09 Z06 new - deal wasn't bad but I couldn't do it - I test drove it and looked at them both. I really liked the Vette but couldn't replace the Viper with it. "I tried to leave her but couldn't". I'll just have to save up and ADD it. Vettes are more complex cars.
Not sure if you mean just in your area but there are new 3ZRs out there. Two in my area as a matter of fact.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zane You have already been down the Vette road before. A ZR1 is nice and they are fast but they are no Viper. I would think your next car should be a Ford GT. To go back to a Vette just seems wrong in every way. You will see 100 s of Vettes every weekend and its tough to tell a 30G regular C6 apart from a 100G ZR1. That Viper you have looks awesome. Id keep it and with the mods you have it should be close to a zr1 anyway. ps. Do you ever talk to Vince anymore?

Sean

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agree with Bill here, not as exclusive or exotic looking. I mean, I am not going to say the ZR1 is a great looking car with great numbers but I think the Viper is, just that, a Viper. Also the ZR1s are still a little high for what you are getting and they still look like a regular Corvette, well minus that beautiful body kit that really accents the car. Good luck with either choice though.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just traded my 2008 SRT Coupe in for a 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo S. I got 60,000.00 for the Viper.I also sold my 2009 ZR1.The Porsche was a lot of $$$$$ .Check the numbers on the Porsche with the PDK and you will see why.No more shifting for me,7 speed with launch control.I hope the Gen.5 Viper has the same.