2008 Event Planning

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The PA -WV "After the Holidays" party is still in the planning stages. Carmen and Vanessa Gullage are putting together a gathering in the Harrisburg area for possibly Feb. 7th. As soon as the plans are finalized we will share them with all of you.

In the meantime, let's start thinking about events for 2008. :) We had a few good gatherings last year and we had a few that were talked about, but did not get off the ground. :( In order to keep our Viper family happy, we really need to have more events. We've tried having events in several central locations around the state of PA, and easily accessible for our WV members. Wherever we plan events we have good turnouts, but it seems that many who live right in the backyard of the event, just don't participate for one reason or another. :dunno:

In an effort to help us with the event planning for 2008, we want to hear from you, our members. What events would interest you? Please let us know if there's something you might want to see or do. The input of all members will be seriously considered.

The date for this year's Carlisle PA Viper event is July 10-13. Please mark your calendar accordingly.

Thanks to all for a great 2007. We look forward to seeing you in 2008!

Your 2007-2008 officers:

Denny Kurzejewski - Pres
Carmen Gullage - VP
Ginger Kurzejewski - Secy-Treas

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont really care if these are "sanctioned" and "official" drives for VCA, sometimes when they are not fully organised, its less pressure for all of us. I dont even care if few others tag along with BMW M6's and other nice rides we've had with us in the past. Main thing is that EVERYBODY has fun and we get to drive the cars. ANYWHERE!

Spring- Lancaster Covered Bridge Drive. I'll be happy to host. Short and slow drive. If I clear the bridges, none of you have anything to worry about. We can also B-B-Q at my house if we're hungry. Pool's open too, and yes, it does not matter how early in spring. It's open usually 1st week of March. Lots of local and not so local clubs do this bridge drive, I've seen Vettes, Porsches, Honda Goldwings, Harleys, Ducati's, P1800's etc. drive past my house in 20-50 car groups... There are tens and tens of these bridges within 20-30 miles. Only thing to worry are the Amish road apples (Read: Horsepoop) My spoiler doent clear those.
forge04.jpg

Spring- RT125 Drive to Shamokin and Centralia, starting from Pine Grove (NE of Harrisburg). This is a supercurvy, up and down, left and right, closed track! (I mean public road...:D ) This is best to do early in the morning... If wanted perhaps we can top it off with a visit (or times) at the Numidia Dragstrip.

Sept_21_052.jpg

Sept_21_041.jpg

Local Carshows: Someone better get a current dates for local carshows. I think we should participate more actively on local levels. I do from 3-6 shows per year and would do more, but it's kind of boring to do it alone. I have even tagged some local Honda drivers with me. This one was from Elisabethtown Lions show, we have quite a few Vipers with 1 day warning..

Etown_2.jpg

DYNODAY, Don's Performance, Harrisburg: We should have at least ONE dynoday, just for the fun. Besides this is good for Ed, it will sooth the wounds from ****** springs..:D Don's crew is very positive, wideband and Dynojet available. How about it???

DSCN7248.JPG

If we have only one or two large organised gatherings, everything becomes official and the soul of good friends, fun times, car driving will start to fade. NY and Dallas Clubs are prima samples of a LIVELY and ACTIVE club. I want PA to develope to a similar level. We may have to sacrifice something, since the owners in PA are scattered to a wide area. Which reminds me of one thing... Has anyone EVER put a needle on every town where we have a Viper in PA and see what comes out of it?
I mentioned several town and business adresses here, since they are known to me. If the distances are less than desirable for others, hell, I'll drive to Pittsburg or NY if I have to. That does not bother me. I'm open for suggestions.

There were several others in Allentown area (like Jeremy) and Philly, that have posted activities. More activity and drum beating will get people moving, post in NJ, PA, MD, Ohio forums.. I am known to harass local Viper owners for not showing up. Since I am not a club officer, I am allowed to be a pest. EVERY time we go out I call my buddy who refuses to drive his Viper into meetings. I am NOT giving up on him. I call others I know have Vipers, just to be sure they WILL show up. Also post lots of pictures of our events, how would the others ever know what they are MISSING....:dunno:

Rent a Dragstrip, ****** Springs, NW of Harrisburg. Ed arranged a fun day for all of us ther. I think we have 3-4 blown Mustangs, Beemers, Vipers, Camaro's etc.
DSCN7216.JPG

Participate in OTHER clubs activities. NJ, NY, MD/DE clus are active and only a stonethrow away (or two). Why not join them too?

:usa: 911/Lets Roll Cruise. :usa: Please Do not stop this cruise, we must do it in 2008 again. I'll promise to bring my own water/antifreese this time... (anyway, thanks again for all of your DRINKING water donated on this HOT day for my overcooking Viper!)
DSCN71581.JPG

POCONO... Is a must! Drive or not, be there! (actually you dont have to drive, since I was there several times as a "looker" before I bit the bullet) They have 3-4 different classes, even for retards like me. You can go FAST or you can go slow.
DSCN6052.JPG

:2tu: :usa: TIME TO BLOW SOME LIFE INTO SPRING/SUMMER/FALL PA CLUB!!!! :2tu: :usa:

Thats my 2 cents. Next guy better participate with 3 cents. I'll even take the 1/2 cent participations!:2tu:

Last edited:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Laurie for some awesome ideas, I will give you a call this week end, we should try to put together some suitable dates and start planning the routes. In addition, the boys out east have been trying to organize a Pocono area winery tour that sounds awesome as well. I would also like to see a trip to the Viper plant organized with the help of some of our friends from Western Pa. I myself am looking forward to a great Viper season. :headbang:

OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys for some great ideas!!! They all sound exciting!
I'm sure Rege & Donna would be willing to help organize that trip to the plant.
Dave in the Philly area had something in the works as well.
These trips could make for a banner year for the PA-WV Club!:drive:
When you get some dates and plans together I can put out a flyer to the members and surrounding clubs.
Keep in touch!

Ginger

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking for an available track event to coincide with our Carlisle event, if anyone has any contacts at any of the local tracks, please get in touch with me. It is difficult to set anything up for that week because it is a busy time for most of them. I know South Mountain is hosting their all Chrysler drags that week on July 11th as part of the planned events, if nothing else, we could make arrangements to go there.

Any of you folks from the Reading area, I would still like to make a return trip to the Pagoda and incorporate some other stops in that area (for thise of you unfamiliar with the area, it is on the same road that they hold the Duryea / Pagoda Hillclimb events
Duryea / Pagoda )

PAREApagoda.jpg

If anybody has any other points of interest in that area, give me a call

Last edited:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as the "After the Holidays Party", it is gong to be at my house on Feb 9th, I would also like to plan an outing for earlier in the day, since the weather will most likely not be "Viper Weather", I was thinking about going to the Baltimore Autoshow early that day, if that is too far away (about an hour), we could visit some local attractions instead (National Civil War Museum) 10 minutes away,

I am open to suggestions

Last edited:

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should have several meeting spots for once a month meetins. Dallas is using this succesfully, every Sunday. They get around 30-50 cars together. We cannot do that, since this is not Dallas, but I bet if we could get few meeting points together, it could benefit and drive people together. For example, one in Pittsburgh, one in Harrisburg and one in Philly area. Just a place for cheap milkshake, B-B-Q or hamburgers. Must have plenty of parking.
Dallas_3-03_030.jpg

We do that with a local Turboclub at Sonic and it draws quite a few cars, I am there every Sunday evening (with Honda/Camaro/Vette/Supra/Audi etc. drivers). Why? Because it is a great group I have learned to know.

Once a month, Sunday evenings. What's that place in Harrisburg, Red Rabbit??? Thats a start....

Someone in Philly/Allentown or Pittsburgh are would have to care care of that area and beat the hell out of the drum to get people to show up. Most WILL NOT show up with a single post on the forum.

OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as the "After the Holidays Party", it is gong to be at my house on Feb 9th,

Sorry Carmen. I stated the wrong address in my previous message. We would have had people coming to your house on Feb. 7th. Guess we would have had to spend a couple of days there!!! :eater:
See you on the 9th.

Ginger

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[

DYNODAY, Don's Performance, Harrisburg: We should have at least ONE dynoday, just for the fun. Besides this is good for Ed, it will sooth the wounds from ****** springs..:D Don's crew is very positive, wideband and Dynojet available. How about it???

Now you only beat me at the drag strip. You seem to have forgotten about the time I ran away from you on the way to Carlisle over the bridge.

I'll tell you what let's meet at Bobs track and run them this weekend. Heck I will even post a video. :drive: :2tu: :eater:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[

Now you only beat me at the drag strip. You seem to have forgotten about the time I ran away from you on the way to Carlisle over the bridge.

I'll tell you what let's meet at Bobs track and run them this weekend. Heck I will even post a video. :drive: :2tu: :eater:

:eater: Sounds like the gauntlet has been thrown down, will it be accepted

By the way, that bridge on the way to Carlisle was closed to the public at the time, they would never race on a public road:rolleyes:

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello from an Ohio Viper Club member. Western PA/WVa (Wheeling or Charleston area) events are not far for many Ohio members. A suggestion would be a fall mountain cruise to enjoy the sights in western PA or WVA.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would respectfully suggest going to the Crab Deck with the Va/Md/De guys. Going to be the 10th annual event. Will be huge. Lee and Gus Strakes have the information. Should be the largest ever event. Would be great for the PA guys to join in.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would respectfully suggest going to the Crab Deck with the Va/Md/De guys. Going to be the 10th annual event. Will be huge. Lee and Gus Strakes have the information. Should be the largest ever event. Would be great for the PA guys to join in.

I fully agree and its only 30-40 minutes from SE Pennsylvania.

OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I made this trip three years ago. It was a good time...even though it was raining like crazy!!! Many left their Vipers at home and came in their daily drivers.

I think this is usually held in June. :dunno:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just happened to catch this. You guys are invited to the Crab Feast for sure. Last year we had over 60 cars and over 120 people and we plan to take it up quite a bit this year. We did such a good job keeping everyone together through the EZ Pass lane last year that Gus is thinking of hiring a professional video guy to chronicle the cruise from Annapolis through the tolls and over the bridge. 60+ cars in a row is not seen anywhere other than VOI.
As soon as we get a date I will drop back in here and post it as well as let Denny know. I'm going to do the same with New Jersey and New York groups.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just happened to catch this. You guys are invited to the Crab Feast for sure. Last year we had over 60 cars and over 120 people and we plan to take it up quite a bit this year. We did such a good job keeping everyone together through the EZ Pass lane last year that Gus is thinking of hiring a professional video guy to chronicle the cruise from Annapolis through the tolls and over the bridge. 60+ cars in a row is not seen anywhere other than VOI.
As soon as we get a date I will drop back in here and post it as well as let Denny know. I'm going to do the same with New Jersey and New York groups.

Awesome Lee, thanks for the follow up...look forward to hearing from you:2tu:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lauri and Denny, just had a reccommendation from one of our new members, Joe from the Hometown Pa area, he has a couple of ideas that he would like us to kick around, unfortunately he has just joined and isn't able to post in this section yet (hopefully the mods can help him out). Here is a couple of of his suggestions

a drive and "gathering at Ocean City Maryland. Or even a day trip to Luray Caverns in Virgina"

Joe, I will be in touch to let you know when our next get together is, and thanks for the ideas.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would eventually like to be a part in planning an event in the western PA Pittsburgh area, but I have quite a bit going on right now (last masters class, wedding, and eventually moving into a new house) it won't be able to happen for another year or so. Something along the lines of a meet during the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix would be a lot of fun.

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would eventually like to be a part in planning an event in the western PA Pittsburgh area, but I have quite a bit going on right now
Watch for the Ohio Club Play Day at ****** Run this summer. I don't think it is too far from you if you want to get out and have some fun at the track.;)

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all...Just found this thread....I don't drive my viper much anymore, can i bring something else or just viper inclusive???

viperv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well finally Im a member of Pa-WV forum. Now hopefully we can get somethings rolling here

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten