2008 Event Planning

OP
OP
Y

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a northern VA Viper that would love to attend a Pocono day.

:2tu:Stay tuned! Your Northeast Zone Director and the Northeast Club Presidents are working on a Zone Rendezvous type event in the Pocono area the end of May. Info will be released to all the Northeast club members as soon as everything is finalized.:drive:

SCOTTB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, Just wondering what it takes to get an event started or should i say organized? :2tu:I had a great idea for a poker run through the mountians of central pa. My idea was to start out in Clearfield just along I-80 drive to medix hotel :beer:see some elk next to sinnemohoning to the willows bar :beer:next to stevens damn see the bald eagles then to karthus and on back to clearfeild to dennys pub :beer:home of the big hamburger (the one on the food network)could be fun trip even better with the new ACR that i will win on the 14th:D So lets get some feed back

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will do my best to be more active this year than i have been in years past. The w/b fgt will come out to play. thanks.....

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to help out the best I can over here on the western PA side. As mentioned earlier, the Ohio guys put on some great events not far from me that the PA/WV guys should take advantage of. They have an awesome track day at BeaveRun, and they have viper drag racing and show-n-shine during the Mopar Nationals in Columbus, Ohio. Both are great events if you want to run your car or just hang out.
BeaveRun Motorsports Complex

As PittsburghR/T mentioned, we have the Vintage Grad Prix here in the Burgh that attracts a lot of local high end cars, and would be cool to represent the vipers at this event.
Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Association

Also local to SW PA is an IHRA drag strip that has awesome prep.
Pittsburgh Raceway Park - Home

In Wexford, PA they have one of the largest car shows in the state every Friday night with a typical attendance of 800-1200 cars.
StarliteCarCruise.com

Lots of things to due from racing, cruising, showing, or even a dyno day.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, Just wondering what it takes to get an event started or should i say organized? :2tu:I had a great idea for a poker run through the mountians of central pa. My idea was to start out in Clearfield just along I-80 drive to medix hotel :beer:see some elk next to sinnemohoning to the willows bar :beer:next to stevens damn see the bald eagles then to karthus and on back to clearfeild to dennys pub :beer:home of the big hamburger (the one on the food network)could be fun trip even better with the new ACR that i will win on the 14th:D So lets get some feed back

Scott, I will be happy to help you set up a run, sounds like you have some good spots picked out...what do you estimate the total drive time is for the locations you mentioned. The only difference I see in your plan is I will be the one driving the ACR:2tu:

SCOTTB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Scott, I will be happy to help you set up a run, sounds like you have some good spots picked out...what do you estimate the total drive time is for the locations you mentioned. The only difference I see in your plan is I will be the one driving the ACR:2tu:

I would say a 100 miles or there about. We can make shorter or longer depending on what everyone wants. I will make a mapquest of the route and we can make changes if we need too. :drive: I guess when to do it is the other question maybe march april or whenever the roads are nice and gravel free:2tu:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say a 100 miles or there about. We can make shorter or longer depending on what everyone wants. I will make a mapquest of the route and we can make changes if we need too. :drive: I guess when to do it is the other question maybe march april or whenever the roads are nice and gravel free:2tu:

Sounds good, let me know when you have it mapped out, you can pm or email me the details, and I can give you a call to work out the plans....you will have to keep us posted on the conditions of the roads up your way

SCOTTB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would add some nice little stops along the way. Should we turn this into a poker run or just some fun driving? Also spoke to the owner of dennys pub and he just needs some notice to get some big burgers ready its a challenge that if you eat a 2,3,6 pound burger its free but takes a hour or so to make.

viperv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What month and day is this event planned for. As Im on a 12 hr work schedule.:drive:

SCOTTB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well would like it to be asap but of course we need some nice weahter so maybe in april maybe march if the roads and weather get nicer but is a sat or sunday better? problem with sunday is most of us work monday and that makes it hard for some. If needed there are plenty of hotels right in that area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21