2008 Exhaust

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone put Corsa Exhaust on a 2008 yet?

If not, on a 2006? On the 2006s, how would you describe the before and after in terms of:

1. Cabin heat?

2. Exterior sound?

3 Interior sound?

Also, are there any heat liners, etc. that can be added to the 2008 sils to contain the heat? My car has not arrived yet (next week)and I am collecting parts. I know heat is reduced in the 2008s but understand it is still an issue (see the SRT-10 vs. Viper video from Edmunds and my dealer).

I know that adding high-flow cats will help but since I am in CA I would like a run at keeping everything smog compliant.

Thanks!

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the heat is way down on the 08s.. i'd wait until you have the car and you can judge for yourself...and yes there is a corsa that is 08 specific

Also the 08 stock exhuast is a sweet note ... but it is not very loud and barely audible with the top up... the corsa has a reputation for being louder but only at wot...

imho if heat is your main concern i would say you don't need the corsa let alone the heat wrap..However , it is spring here and i have not driven the car in temps greater than 85F yet..

i'd be willing to bet they don't sell many 08 corsa exhausts especially since it also does not fit the belanger header/cats

roe sells a heat wrap

Last edited:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also the 08 stock exhaust is a sweet note ... but it is not very loud and barely audible with the top up... the corsa has a reputation for being louder but only at wot...

I've heard it while stationary, i.e., a new owner revved it up while he was parked. As you mentioned, the note was sweet, but not too loud. Frankly, I was a bit disappointed at the volume level. I was under the impression that the'08's would be louder than the prior Gen3's. I'm thinking that it may require a Belanger system to make it as impressive as the car.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wouldn't buy the belanger system JUST for the sound but considering the hp gains mine is already purchased awaiting install....the system is not street legal so no way would i purchase as a resident of california

OP
OP
S

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided to go with the 3" Corsa Track System and High flow metal cats. The corsas will work with Belangers if I ever decide to add headers. It should arrive next week.

I am not a big fan of the stock exhaust note on my '08. Of course my C6Z with headers sounded very evil!

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just fyi... it has been mentioned on here before by a reputable dealer/installer that the corsa will not work with the belanger headers on 08... too long

OP
OP
S

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just fyi... it has been mentioned on here before by a reputable dealer/installer that the corsa will not work with the belanger headers on 08... too long

Jon B. sold me the system, and he said the only thing I would need to change would be the CATS.

I really doubt I will add headers because of resonance/drone (they will definitely have it). Those of you with headers will probably use 5th gear for highway crusing rather than 6th gear for example. Just had headers on my C6Z.

In addition, I will not be making top speed or 1/4 mi. runs; only some light HPDEs on occasion. In my experience, 625hp or so with the little bump I get from the Corsas and the hi-flow CATS should be plenty. If the car needs anything it will need different shocks--and of course training for the driver!

KEast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a 08 exhaust on a N/A build to see if its well suited to tone down the drone associated with a full Belanger setup?

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any soundclips of the 08 with Corsa? Stealth, post up if the cats and track exhaust make it sound a lot louder. I heard the Bellanger's in person, and it sounded awesome, just not looking to go with headers just yet.

Jason

OP
OP
S

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Corsas and Cats will not arrive until nexgt week.

I hope to avoid headers, but time will tell...