2008 muffler removal

Reaction score
what is reqd to remove the mufflers on a 2008 coupe for better sound and what if any problems will it cause

Pull the side sill off and the muffler is just clamped on. You can remove it and replace the section with a straight pipe. Reinstall and align the tip and sill and your done... deaf, but done. :lmao:

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone have any sound clips of this?

will car pass emissions?

Mufflers contain no emissions devices. Leave the stock cats and you are fine. I'll see if I can't find a sound clip, but it's really not much louder than stock once the car is warmed up.

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to know if anyone has put on the mopar race exhaust. The cost is about $1000 but how does it sound?

viper emil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mufflers contain no emissions devices. Leave the stock cats and you are fine. I'll see if I can't find a sound clip, but it's really not much louder than stock once the car is warmed up.

really? i figured it would be much louder like mjorgensen said...

just did a search for sound clips--no luck..any help? anyone?

viper emil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do a search on my threads. I have done it with a video.

I searched threads you started--nothing talked about no mufflers?? just corsa track installs....maybe I'm dumb? help?

Here is a video of it right after the mufflers were removed.

08 Viper SRT :: 08 Viper No Mufflers remix by Malu59RT - Photobucket

holy hell that sounds amazing--that actually sounds like a real muscle car. Is it extremely loud? I can't imagine why more people wouldn't do that?? please share any more sound clips/videos you may have

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang