2008 SRT Dyno #'s

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All stock. I'm happy with theses numbers. Now, I'm wondering if I should pull the mufflers off.....

You must be registered for see images attach

ZZ SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good numbers!

I am considering the same this winter, although I have decided I am going with either the Roe HF catted pipes or the Random Tech HF catted pipes (cuts it from 4 cats to 2 HF cats) and then replace the mufflers with Magnaflow 5x14" mufflers.

Depends whether you are looking to free up the system for a little more power or simply for sound, but for power, I would think lessening the restriction closer to the manifolds would make a bigger difference than deleting the mufflers further downstream.

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a brand new set of roe high flow cats if anyone is interested was going to use them but I decided to remove my cats

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a brand new set of roe high flow cats if anyone is interested was going to use them but I decided to remove my cats

One of my first mod was a set of Roe H/F cats, keeping stock mufflers
Dyno went from 545 hp to 563. Great bang for the buck, and the difference in sound is similar to installing an aftermaket catback

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my first mod was a set of Roe H/F cats, keeping stock mufflers
Dyno went from 545 hp to 563. Great bang for the buck, and the difference in sound is similar to installing an aftermaket catback

Did you do the install yourself? If so was it difficult? Also was this just the cats, or mopar PCM with it?

Thanks,

-Tim

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, I'm sure the car runs very well.

One word of caution comparing your numbers, your dyno operator chose to use STD Values instead of SAE. SAE numbers correct to different temperature, pressure and humidity conditions than STD, so numbers from one cannot be compared to the other without adjusting. There is an approximate 4.5% bump your numbers get from this choice, and the reason why it's popular. SAE you'd see closer to 520.

This is just one of the many reasons a dyno should be used to get baselines and relative gains, or more importantly a tool for tuning.

With regards to exhaust, the restriction will be your primary catalytic converters, followed by your secondary and the mufflers will be much less.

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, I'm sure the car runs very well.

One word of caution comparing your numbers, your dyno operator chose to use STD Values instead of SAE. SAE numbers correct to different temperature, pressure and humidity conditions than STD, so numbers from one cannot be compared to the other without adjusting. There is an approximate 4.5% bump your numbers get from this choice, and the reason why it's popular. SAE you'd see closer to 520.

This is just one of the many reasons a dyno should be used to get baselines and relative gains, or more importantly a tool for tuning.

With regards to exhaust, the restriction will be your primary catalytic converters, followed by your secondary and the mufflers will be much less.

Thanks! I was aware, and as stated using this for a baseline. It was just for fun to see where things are. The car has some miles on it, so it's nice to know where she stands as if now.

I have been thinking about pulling the cats and buying the mopar racing PCM. Any thoughts on that?

-Tim

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper