2008 Venom Red ACR???

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
VR ACR looks great - outside.

Interior color is not for me or likely most others but can be changed.

I too would keep the SSG and add ACR parts if I was so inclined.

Dan

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Iam about to pull the trigger on that VR ACR on E-Bay....They will give me 86K for my SSG COUPE....Here is my question to Venom Red owners...Is this a color you would buy again? I think it looks great in the pics especially with the black and it was my first choice but dealer I bought from didnt have one coming in so I lucked out with the SSG....I know its not yellow or SSG but Iam getting a GREAT IMO deal on it, plus I save a ton in taxes(about 6.5K)....Please let me know what you think good or bad about Venom Red.....I heard that only 4 ACRs were made in VR,I know you are going to tell me because its a ugly color,correct?,lol....If anyone wants my car you better tell me soon as the dealer is going to ask more than 85 for it.....Kevin

Well if there giving you 86k for it, I would assume they are going to have to sell it for a lot more than that and thats not happening! I think you know and I do as well that they might claim that but there not giving you 86k for a used viper. They can make the numbers look like what ever they want, but if you can trade your car and 12k or less I think your stealing it! I was looking at completed auctions this morning on ebay and there were some regular 2008 coupes that sold in the low 60's already and 2 red ACR's that sold for 97k and 102k each so it seems the ACR's are holding the money better than the coupes as I have seen striped 08 coupes brand new in the low 70's. I also thing that VR ACR looks awesome!

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, he should close the deal ASAP, It's going to cost less than $5k to upgrade to the ACR!

Well if there giving you 86k for it, I would assume they are going to have to sell it for a lot more than that and thats not happening! I think you know and I do as well that they might claim that but there not giving you 86k for a used viper. They can make the numbers look like what ever they want, but if you can trade your car and 12k or less I think your stealing it! I was looking at completed auctions this morning on ebay and there were some regular 2008 coupes that sold in the low 60's already and 2 red ACR's that sold for 97k and 102k each so it seems the ACR's are holding the money better than the coupes as I have seen striped 08 coupes brand new in the low 70's. I also thing that VR ACR looks awesome!

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANK YOU EVERYONE for all your comments and now I get to make a Royal A$$ out of myself because the dealer pulled a fast one on me....!!!! I have been trying to deal with these guys for 3 weeks and I THOUGHT(STUPID ME) we had reached a firm agreement only for them to get back with me and tell me they want more money:(
So the deal is off and its anyones car for someone looking for a VR 08 ACR:mad:Next time I will keep my big mouth shut until its in my garage.
Lee,Your point is correct that no one should comprimise on color selection as site dealers can get what they want but I THOUGHT I was getting a good deal and I do like VR...I guess its like the old saying: IF its too good to be true it probably isnt,lol....
I do want to thank everyone who commented on this thread and hey I cant be sad I have a beautiful car and maybe can make a deal on a ACR next year when hoprfully things rebound a little....
I will keep my car in the classifieds but I would still like to trade it in because of the money in registration fees I can save......Thanks Everyone.

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry the deal did not work out for you. maybe its a sign to wait for exactly what you want. since the interior was brought up, what would it of cost to replace the panels to all black or for a person with a black interior to go two tone?

I have seen a lot of vipers I like but not exactly what I want for an interior color. I do lile the all black and some two tones and want to know how much to replace.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin - Things happen for a reason! I say you hold on to that SSG beast and enjoy it until they release yellow (hopefully later in the model year). Then, make your move! I know how much you like yellow. :2tu:

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian,
I do love Yellow but I probably will not have the funds when it does come out...Upper Management(Wife) was letting me get the VR on certain conditions,lol..Probably no way I can get a 09 but I will see.I will also have to sell the SSG for a decent price...Iam also pissed they will not be making SSG in the ACR next year so mabe I will just get the aero kit and have a little bro ACR,lol.....The mock-ups of the yellow ACR do look spectacular though:omg:
Kevin

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANK YOU EVERYONE for all your comments and now I get to make a Royal A$$ out of myself because the dealer pulled a fast one on me....!!!! I have been trying to deal with these guys for 3 weeks and I THOUGHT(STUPID ME) we had reached a firm agreement only for them to get back with me and tell me they want more money:(
So the deal is off and its anyones car for someone looking for a VR 08 ACR:mad:Next time I will keep my big mouth shut until its in my garage.
Lee,Your point is correct that no one should comprimise on color selection as site dealers can get what they want but I THOUGHT I was getting a good deal and I do like VR...I guess its like the old saying: IF its too good to be true it probably isnt,lol....
I do want to thank everyone who commented on this thread and hey I cant be sad I have a beautiful car and maybe can make a deal on a ACR next year when hoprfully things rebound a little....
I will keep my car in the classifieds but I would still like to trade it in because of the money in registration fees I can save......Thanks Everyone.

And this is a perfect example of why we continually pull EBay ads off this site when they are not only Non site supporting dealers but usually scam artists as well. This ebay auction was deleted at least four times, and I had to argue with several members who thought they should be able to discuss it and how it should be exposed as a great deal on the site, well guess what, it was the usual low ball ebay dealer try to get someone sucked in and then we will crank the price up deal.
And that's why we will continue that policy or removing ebay auctions by non site supporting dealers, no matter how good the buy it now price looks, it's a MEANINGLESS number that can't be enforced.
Sorry it did not work out Aspirations.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Aspirations sorry that 'deal' didn't work out. Why are you thinking Aero kit first for a mostly street car? Check around but that's probably not where you want to start... maybe end. KW/Motons, StopTechs, lightweight rims/sport cup tires much better. Don't forget Bellangers for the power and a good gear.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, sorry that deal did not work out. :(

For the sake of discussions, though, I think those of you who would have passed on this deal because of the interior color are CRAZY. It may not be original, but you could swap out those colors for a few grand or less. And that deal -- which WAS too good to be true -- would have allowed plenty of wiggle room to do that.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think what happens with alot of ebay ads is they don't get close to the price they are tying to get so they pump up the bids and run them over and over again with bogus bids. But there are good deals and real deals you just have to find them.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this could be your future

v3.jpg

v22.jpg

snakebite52

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMO, the venom red is such a nice color. i love it. its a good viper color and makes the viper look mean and agressive yet beautiful at the same time. its not a flashy color but more of a **** color. i think that acr looks gorgeous and i think you shouldnt worry about the color looking bad